WTCP (17)

Next day, Sidharth has assigned his chauffeur with Sana while he drove the other car to work by himself..

She receives a call from Natasha (her friend from Mohali) on her way to lonavla..

"Kaha reh gayi tu Sana? I have been calling you like crazy since 24 hours!"

"Yaar lot of things were happening! I am so sorry! Ab bata, is everything ok?"

"Haan everything is good with me but I needed to inform you something..woh kal uncle aye the mere ghar.."

Sana goes into a state of shock for a while..

"You there Sana?"

"Haan..Kya keh rahe the?"..since she fled from her home, she has not been in contact with her family..

"He was asking for your number.."

"Ab kyun? Pucha nehi tune?"

"Nehi yaar, yeh main kaise puch sakti hoon! He is your Dad after all!"

"Anyway, phir kya hua?"

"Maine de diya unko number..baas yeh bataneke liye call kar rahi thi tujhe.."

"Koi na..chal main baad mein baat karti hoon.."..her voice has gone down..

"Ok..Lekin zyada pareshan maat hona..I will call you at night.."..says Natasha..

"Hmm..bye"...Sana hangs up..

*************

A break has been announced for lunch, she calls up Sidharth

"Haan..?"..he receives..

"Are you shooting?"..she asks..

"Nehi meeting mein hoon..How's everything there?"

"Theek hai lekin mera maan nehi lag raha.."

"Kyun kya hua?"..he can sense that she is down..

"Pata nehi.."..her voice cracks..

"Arehh whats wrong? Bol na.."

"Tumhe pata hai na, I ran away from Mohali to Mumbai..?"

"Haan Dhruv ne bataya tha lekin detail mein kuch nehi.."

"It was quite a struggle Sidharth.."

"I know, it's tough! But hua kya hai?"..he asks again..

"Papa Natasha k ghar gaye the..Natasha is my friend from Mohali.."

"Ok..then?"

"He was asking for my number.."..her voice is almost cracking with every line..

"Hmm did he call you?".

"Nehi abhi tak tou nehi.."

"So what's bothering you?"..he asks gently, trying to understand her state of mind..

"Baas aise hi! Thak gayi hoon main! Bohot miss karti hoon sab ko, specially Mummy ko! I couldn't do anything for them!"

"Sana, the queen of strength agar aise bolegi tou kaise chalega?! Miss kar rahi ho tou jao jake mil aao! They are parents not your enemy baba!"

"Nehi ja sakti..aise tou bilkul nehi..! I need to prove myself first.."

Sidharth sighs..

"Sana, parents are the most finite beings of anyone's life! I am not saying that they can't be wrong but their intent can never be wrong for you! Jo kuch bhi hua, forget it! Start fresh! Aur main hoon na? Tum akeli kaha ho?!"

"Hamesha rahoge?"

"Promises are meant to be broken baby! I don't make unnecessary promises but I can surely tell you that no matter what, every second with you will be worthwhile.."