Nature never rushes, yet everything gets done

Aizawa brings home milk while Sayako's dad can't relate

Just a chapter to bridge things between the Internship incident and the Final Exams. Also some foreshadowing of a future arc at the end.

Sayako frowned at the cup of milk in front of her.

Not too long after the last bell rang, Aizawa brought her to the teacher's lounge. He sits on a chair across from her, the coffee table between them with two cups placed on top. Coffee for himself and warm whole milk for her. (A suggestion from Principal Nezu.)

The student wasn't surprised. She did destroy part of the training faculty when rescue training with All Might. The goal was to reach All Might by maneuvering through obstacles but Sayako created a path, using iced fists which was almost ten times her regular strength, demolishing parts of the area.

In theory, whatever happened in the office and the internship took a toll on her.

As for Hironori Kenji, Aizawa was no idiot.

The boy had been showing suspicious behavior, especially during the incident at USJ. Not to mention the conversation between him and Sayako days before the festival. He knows eavesdropping is a bad habit but if his suspicions about Hironori were right then it would explain the attack against Sayako during her internship.

Present Mic's UA traitor theory comes to mind. But there was something odd. The USJ incident seemed different from the Sports Festival incident. The targets weren't aligning. BatWitch clearly aimed for Sayako while the League of Villains aimed for All Might.

Hironori was involved with the League. Was he the UA traitor? He needed more intel. But he also reminded himself that in the eyes of Sayako, Hironori was her friend. It's not easy for anyone to learn that someone close to them was a part of something big like the League.

He looks back at the girl sitting across from him. She leaned against the couch with an unreadable expression and toyed with the button on her jacket which hung off from her shoulders. He noticed she would play with certain things within her reach after the internship. 

Finally, he talks. "Were you able to control your quirk?"

"Yup. Riyuu is a handful but he's not bad."

Handful seemed like an understatement considering the chaotic introduction that morning. But he remained unfazed.

Sayako however just sat there looking unsure and hesitantly as she held the cup of milk. He looked at the mug and then back to her. Milk was the safest drink for kids her age besides water.

"Lactose intolerant?"

"Hm? No, I'm not." She picks up the cup and plays with the handle with her thumb as if deciding to drink it or not. "Am I in trouble?"

He placed a letter on the desk pushing it in her direction. Aizawa recalled the previous letter he attempted to give her when she had chosen one agency. On that morning, he received numerous letters (and feathers) from the Number 3 Hero Hawks for two of his students regarding Internships.

"I already made my decision...I need to know what's going on with my abilities and me...I believe Miss Ryukyu, the Dragoon Hero is most suited for that role."

This time, however, there was a stamp from the City Hall. For a split second, he had sworn her face grew pale and wondered if she had blown up the place. She mentioned her quirk update and his shoulders relaxed.

"Yeah," he responded, "It's from Ryukyu. She sent it here after it was delivered at her agency." Sayako took a sip of the milk as she opened the letter. She had dropped off an application to City Hall about updating her quirk from Water to Dragon Chi. This response was to confirm the changes.