A Courageous Stand

"We need her word...The heir alone can decide whether we can lay a hand on him or not..."

Eri flinches in Lemillion's arms. "No...no more...That's enough..."

A rumble came and spikes pinned Nighteye through his stomach and arm. Riyuu was sent flying onto the wall with more than half his stomach gone. The impact echoed in Ryujin as the sting of the injury grew in her.

As if his power betrayed him, Riyuu's body became transparent. Blood moved through her veins to the injuries but there was no healing.

She couldn't heal herself nor bring back Riyuu. No...

Like gravity dragging her to the ground, Ryujin fell to her knees, as her dragon's last glimmer of power vanished.

Deku reached for her with confusion and panic. "Ryujin. What...?"

Eri...

Gritted with newfound energy running through his veins, Deku moved fast, summoning a percentage of his power cracking the ground beneath him and blocking another attack.

Eri continues to plead on the ground gripping Ryujin's sleeve with heavy tears falling from her eyes. "I'm sorry..."

With that, Ryujin's breath slows down, as her body and suit soak up the pool of blood under her.

...

The fire was blazing hot, with red and orange flames dancing around her in a taunting, hand-in-hand childish prance.

Is this Hell?

"...Sayako..."

She halts her tracks. Pale-colored wings and ear-bleeding screech were too familiar to ignore. Batwitch. 

The flames contrasted with the rich blue and pure white clouds above. That's right, it was a clear day when it happened. Aspen was panting but kept her pose stiff as her clothes were covered with blood and rips - evidence of the brutal fight.

"Run..."

Her last words suited the scene of the battle with debris from upside-down cars, buildings, and damaged roads.

Sayako sighed. A memory...

It was in the main streets when it happened. The ambush which started off as a simple firey protest against the Commission. For some reason, the protestors were more agitated and aggressive. Maybe it was the sudden boost of confidence that the Commission would listen or the heat of the moment but it didn't matter.

All that bravery was stripped away as soon as Witch entered, and the fire grew hungrier, the smoke and heat burning through Sayako's eyes forcing tears to build up.

"Run! Sayako..."

SAYAKO!

That's right. I ran...