Shie Hassaikai (1 Year Anniversary)

Happy Anniversary!

Here's a 4,800 word chapter to celebrate.

Thank you all for your votes and views. Fun fact, I was thinking of discontinuing this during the Internship arc but I still wanted to share the idea and the story despite the low rates. 

I'm glad I didn't cause I think my writing has improved and I really want to continue this.

Here's the Hassaikai arc and if there's any feedback or a scene that feels slow don't hesitate to comment. Comments and votes really help with motivation and getting this fanfic to more people.

_______

Shie Hassaikai.

Despite the public's view, this Yakuza group is tame in morals and deadly and cold-blooded should the need arise, all while leaving the wives and daughters out of any bloody business as per their wishes.

After years of constant back-and-forths between the Hassaikai and the Underground Agency, these values and morals allowed them to blossom into the trusted partnership known today.

Both Leaders benefited from this deal as it helped spread both organizations' influences without being hostile against each other.

Kenji Hironori was the living proof of their arrangement. 

He acted as a bridge between the organizations aiding when needed and providing resources like protection, the AI pen drive, and healing pills.

However, he avoided contact after the infiltration mission, leaving only a note with his initials in Sayako's dorm room thus deeper information about the insides of the Yakuza after Kai's reign remains a mystery.

Limited information would get anyone killed - a lesson Mizu learned the hard way from her mentor, Nyx and thus the vigilante reached out to another.

_______

Mizu Nagasu was in a bar tonight. 

This bar specializes in exchanging games for intel. 

If the stars were in your favor, one could even scam the scammer. A place like this would have a full house of drunkards spilling information but times have changed since the early days of the Underworld and now this establishment is filled with those indulged in games and luck as one needs to play games should they need one bit of information.

Seated at a table tucked away in the shadows, Mizu observed the room from an adequate distance. 

Tonight the bar was empty except for one table.

Tables with chairs flipped upside down were lined neatly in order under the dimmed lighting. In the middle under the light was a pool table with players of all kinds; crazy drunks, and even crazier brokers seated around the cluster of cards, chips, and glasses of alcohol and beer.