The Little Battalion That Tried

Words to describe the Hassaikai bar. Traditional, sleek, and expensive.

It's not as glamorous as I had hoped - Mizu's thoughts about said bar as she added ingredients to the mixer to prepare a drink. She ignored the customer seated in front of her and instead focused on the wood and metal interior design. 

Shelves with rows of alcohol and booze stuck to the walls as if it was floating and matching stools around the small counter complimented the browns with the blue cushions.

Sat in the center in front of the vigilante bartender was Kai. Propping his head on his gloved palm, he eyed the girl's movements in his bar, a small but simple grin behind his mask, almost like he was relaxing from a hard day's work.

He watched as her eyes, as golden as the last sight of daylight, glimmered under the light as she moved around the bar, inviting anyone to stare deeper.

The flames from the cocktail smoker were there for a couple of seconds before Mizu covered the chilled glass with the remnants of the wood chips. When the smoke covered the glass, ice was added.

Kai looks back up at the girl as she pours the mix into the glass before adding the finishing touches.

I wonder if she's happy after-

His thoughts were interrupted by the glass being placed in front of him.

"One Smoked old-fashioned cocktail." She wiped her hands with the cleaning cloth as she waited for his critique.

Kai's posture remained still. A finger tapping the temple of his head.

"Well? Are you going to drink it? Or do I have to spoon-feed it to you?" she quipped.

The man chuckled. "I'll have to indulge myself in something you wholeheartedly made."

"Wouldn't your hives be a problem?" Mizu countered, hanging the cloth back on the handle.

"I can handle it."

"And I have policies," she snapped back. "I don't spoon-feed my guests even if their arms got
chopped off."

Kai's smile grew. This woman...

"Questioning a Yakuza Leader and now denying a request from him. You really are quite the character, Nagasu."

_______

Yes, Mr. Chisaki, I am quite the character. 

Her blade, as blue as the Caribbean Sea, razor-edged poised with lethal precision, its tip barely scratching the layer of skin protecting the weak point at Chisaki's neck.