The Difficulty of Reconnection

Early chapter release cause why not

_______

"Hey! What did you think of that fight in Kamino?"

"Did you see All Might's condition? It's way different than his muscular form!"

"I'm so accustomed to his bigger form I don't think I'll be able to get used to the smaller size!"

From the bustling of cities to the serene lands of the countryside, news of the Number 1 Hero's retirement spread throughout every corner of Japan. As it continue to circulate, a wave of doubt washed over a portion of the public, while others remained optimistic, and a few were in a state of denial.

The cafe Sayako chose to spend her morning is an example of the main percentage of Japan. 

Located at the heart of the city, this ten-star rating cafe was known to everyone. Yes, 10. 

During the early years of All Might, the cafe had grown to be a spot for meet-and-greet events and some interviews. 

Merchandise would be regularly stocked on shelves and tables for fans and the furniture would be adorn in All Might colors and various comic styled photos.

Midoriya wasn't kidding about this place. Sayako smiled to herself as she imagined him fanboying about the place. 

However, business was slow today as the main customers were among the percentage who were dependent on All Might and decided to stay in their homes. Unsurprisingly.

Today, merchandise from the Hero had been barely touched, only a few people came in and the staff too seemed slow.

Who could blame them? It was the question of their safety of course.

Despite that, many other Heroes were still active and with All Might stepping down from his high throne of Number 1, that spot remains vacant until the official Billboard announcement.

This allowed other heros to further prove their worth in protecting the innocent.

Speaking of other heroes...

Sayako shifted her gaze from the window to her phone. She couldn't stop refreshing the page. Emails concerning her vigilante work had been sorted out and reports were made but no message from Hawks or any sign of his whereabouts.

After all that time of throwing away or burning his letters, she finally gathered enough courage to request him to meet her at the cafe at nine in the morning.

Another glance at the clock on the wall provoked her to slam her phone on the table. 

Not even the tempting smell of hot pastries could distract her from the sea of thoughts drowning her mind and sinking her brain into the bottomless pit of endless anxiety.