001

─────── 𝐈 𝐍 𝐓 𝐑 𝐎 𝐃 𝐔 𝐂 𝐓 𝐈 𝐎 𝐍 ───────

[01 | 01 | 2023 , 10:00am]

Pendulin's spokesperson, head of the school's media team, took to the stage to announce this year's senior top 12 ranking students - aka the much sought after Diamond Division. Made up of 12 individuals who thrive and stand out from the 12 different categories offered at Pendulin Academy.

"Lee Heeseung, the school's ace and perfectionist from team sports."

"Kim Yeram, school's it girl and best gymnast from the acrobatic feats category."

"The young prodigy Nishimura Riki representing all dancers."

"Yang Jungwon, Taekwondo black belt from the school's martial arts classes."

"Talented Shin Hari for Beauty and Lifestyle."

"Ice Prince Park Sunghoon and his vintage skates for ice sports."

"The main character, the moment, the Kim Sunoo from Theater Arts."

"Infamous playboy Park Jongseong from the football team."

"Our graceful ballerina Min Aera for Performance Dance."

"Aussie boy Sim Jake from the volley team for Beach Sports."

"School's golden voice Rim Ahyeun for Vocal Delivery."

"And last but not least, Thai painter Huang Dana for Visual Arts!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Pendulin's newest Diamond 12!!"

The crowd in the auditorium erupted in loud cheers and claps as everyone congratulated the highest achievers of last year's exams and the newest top class.

Heeseung, Yeram, Riki, Jungwon, Hari, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jongseong, Aera, Jake, Ahyeun and Dana, in their respective rankings, stood proud and tall at front of the stage, facing their fellow students who were all in standing ovation for them.

 ─────── 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑   𝟏 ───────

[27 | 01 | 2023 , 3:15pm]

"Hey guys, I'm gonna head out for 10 minutes," Dana said to her friends as she stuffed her phone back into her pockets.

They all nodded, still looking at their papers and not paying her much of their attention.

"Actually you know what, why don't we all take a break?" Jungwon suggested, finally feeling tired after their non-stop brainstorming and planning for the last hour and a half or so.

"Ugh, that's actually a great idea," Hari, who sat next to him, groaned, banging her head on the table. "I'm fucking exhausted from this shit. I need to go and cool down."

Yeram on the other side of the room, grimaced at the girl. "Of course she does," she rolled her eyes as her and Heeseung made eye contact.

The two shared a knowing look; they were well aware of what she meant by 'cooling off'.

"Oh, well I'm going now." Dana fished out her wallet from her bag before waving one last time to them and heading for the door.

The remaining 11 bid her their goodbyes whilst packing their own things, not knowing this would be the last time they would see Dana alive.