002

─────── 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟐 ───────

[03 | 01 | 2023 , 1:15pm]

Yeram texted all her exactly 6 days later to meet up at the library - the last place they were with Dana.

The police were finally off their case, after some compromises made with their parents. The girl was anxiously fidgeting with her perfect manicures, staring at the clock as she waited for them.

"Where the fuck are they?" she thought to herself. "They were meant to be here 15 minutes ago."

Not wanting to give up, she waited another five minutes. Which then turned to 10 and then gradually 15.

Just as the time on her phone hit half past, she got up in disappointment.

"Fucking liars," Yeram bit her lip in anger.

They stood her up. They promised they were going to be there. But they lied.

[3pm]

"Where are Yeram and Aera?" Sunoo asked as he looked around realising that the 9 were missing two.

"Wasn't Yeram the one that wanted to meet up or something?" Jake asked, remembering the text he had gotten as he was leaving his house this morning.

Hari's eyes widened, "Oh shit."

"She's probably pissed now," Jongseong said, strangely calm about the situation.

"Let me text her," Hari suggested, taking out her phone.

Heeseung watched her as she began frantically typing. "New phonecase Shin?"

"Nope, new phone actually Lee," Hari responded, not looking up from the screen.

The boy poked the inside of his cheek, slowly nodding. "Hmm."

Ahyeun watched as his eyes slowly but surely narrowed. She nudged his side, mouthing a 'what', but he assured her it was nothing by shaking his head lightly.

"What about Aera then?" Jungwon asked, realising that they still didn't know where she was.

"Well, I had dance with her last period but she had to leave early today for some reason," Riki said.

"Then it's probably something to do with her mom, you know what she's like," Sunghoon reminded everyone.

They all shared looks, reminiscing how Aera had to go through two very painful deaths over the last couple of years.

"Poor girl, she's going through so much in such little time," Sunoo commented as they all stepped into the cafe.

"Sucks," Jongseong shrugged.

"Yeram said she's gonna meet us here in 5," Hari suddenly said.

"She isn't mad?" Heeseung questioned.

Rightfully so too. Imagine being stood up by all your 'friends' but then you just forgive and forget?

"She seems fine," Hari exhaled sharply, stretching out her legs under the table and dropping her phone on her lap.

"Not surprised," Sunghoon muttered under his breath.

[3:15pm]

Yeram pushed the door open, and walked inside the lightly buzzing coffee place.

It didn't take her long to spot who she was looking for as they were sitting right by the back of the cafe, huddled in a big circle.