030

─────── 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑    𝟑𝟎 ───────

[1:33pm]

Becca found it really unusual, and frustrating to a point, that Hari seemed to be avoiding her at all costs.

"See what I mean?" she groaned in frustration as Hari completely ignored her when she tried to say hi.

"Yeah I do," Shen Jiyeon, a mutual friend of the two, said. "Well, she's definitely avoiding."

"No shit," Becca rolled her eyes, pulling at her hair.

Jiyeon watched her, grabbing her hand away. "Stop doing that, you're going to be bald in a hot minute."

"I can't help it, Ji, it's really annoying me."

"Have you tried asking her about it?" Jiyeon suggested.

"Like she won't just ignore me again?"

Jiyeon sighed, "Bitch, well you can at least try... Just find the right moment."

"I guess you're right."

Everyone around quietened down, making them turn to the stage to see why.

Mr. Shin stood behind a mic, getting ready for his speech.

"Ahem, good afternoon ladies and gentlemen."

"Good afternoon," the crowd replied in unison.

"First of all it's a pleasure to have you here. It's been a year since I've last been at Pendulin and it's great to see the same old faces and some new ones. It's an honor for me to introduce to you today my company, Shin&Co's latest sponsor, who is none other than Choi Daehyun, head president of Dreams entertainment!"

Everyone clapped as Mr. Choi joined the stage, Mr. Shin taking a step to the side for him. He cleared his throat into the mic, "Hello everyone. As Mr. Shin has already mentioned this partnership is such an honor both ways and Dreams looks forward to working with you. Thank you!"

His speech was short but nonetheless earned him the same amount of cheers and claps.

Hari's father took to the mic again, "And now that we have that out of the way, let the dances commence."

The gazebo began filling up with bodies, people coupling up to dance together.

Slow jazz music began playing, loud conversations dying down to intimate whispers and giggles.

It was mostly the married couple that were dancing along with teenagers and their significant others. Riki was going to ask Aera, however she was nowhere to be seen.

"Where the hell is she?" he muttered, looking around. Seeing that she was nowhere outside, he decided to check inside the building.

Riki pushed the glass door open, stepping into the hall. He walked into the reception, looking to the south end where there were ordered tables set up.

Surely he spotted the small figure dressed in a baby pink dress sitting at the far end and rushed to her.

"Aera?" he called out, approaching closer.

Riki was taken aback when he crouched down beside her and saw her face.

Her cheeks were extremely red and pupils dilated.

"What did you do?" he asked, shaking the sides of her shoulders.

No reply.

He shook her shoulders harshly. "What did you do? Tell me?" Riki was angry, shaking her even more. "Do you want to fucking die?!"