009

─────── 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑    𝟗 ───────

[10 | 02 | 2023 , 9:02am]

Ahyeun jumped up in bed from her sleep. She had been having these recurring nightmares- they weren't clear- she couldn't fully decipher what was troubling her so much.

It was a loud place, glass bottles of alcohol everyone.

Someone would always pass her something, a red plastic cup.

She would always take exactly two sips.

Then she would always black out.

A dark room is where she found herself next, laying sprawled on a master bedroom.

Everything after that was too unclear and distant in the mind for her to remember when she woke up in the morning.

Her heart would race ten times harder when she sat up in bed, sweating and gasping for air. It wasn't anything gruesomely scary that appeared in her mind, but her reaction would make any person think that's what she saw.

Ahyeun spent time trying to think, but her mind was blank.

What was her brain trying to get her to remember?

"Whatever, it's probably nothing," she mumbled, hastily stumbling out of bed and heading for her bathroom.

[11:17am]

"Hey, did you guys ever know Jiu lived in foster care?" Aera looked up from her Vogue magazine, the thought suddenly coming to her mind.

Her and Yeram were over at Hari's for the day, since they all found it difficult to be alone at a time like this.

Two deaths, personally linked to within the span of just two weeks, was easy on none of them.

"Not me," Hari shrugged.

Yeram at first didn't think much of it, simply denying but then she remembered something one of her friends outside the circle had told her. "Wait yeah, I think I heard about her parents dying and then Jiu taking that 10 month hiatus from school last year because of her mental health and shit."

Hari frowned, "Really? That's odd, because I heard rumors she went to some mental asylum during that time-"

Aera cocked her head to the side, "From who?"

"Shen Xiaoting."

Yeram rolled her eyes exaggeratingly, "No wonder it sounds so far-fetched, you heard the shit from the school's biggest gossip girl."

Hari pouted, "Well, sometimes she's right."

"Yeah, 1/10 times," Yeram scoffed.

"I don't think Jiu's the type to be fucked up in the brain though. She seems so normal, and it would make sense for her to take some time off especially since her entire family basically all died at the same time," Aera defended Jiu's name. "Plus, I wouldn't trust Xiaoting so much either."

"Whatever, whatever," Hari said. "I never said I, personally, believed it. It's just what went around school at that time."

A smile suddenly appeared on Aera's face when the sudden rumor talk sparked up another incident from last year in her mind. "Speaking of, do you remember when Xiaoting told everyone in the school you and Sunghoon were dating?" she asked, facing Yeram.

Hari burst out laughing, covering her mouth so that she wouldn't be too loud. "Oh my god!! Yes, I do. That was fucking iconic."

"I know right," Aera giggled.