008

─────── 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑    𝟖 ───────

[09 | 02 | 2023 , 00:18am]

"I'm really sorry for your loss Jake," Ahyeun put her hand on Jake's shoulder, trying to give him some sort of comfort.

"I-I just don't understand who would do such a thing to her," Jake stuttered.

He looked tired, really tired.

The body they had found in the woods belonged to Soo Ayeong, his girlfriend and it wasn't easy news for the police to break to him or his friends.

They were all still at the police station, since it's some sort of 'protocol' to keep them here until their parents arrive to collect them.

Grief can look like a lot of things- crying, denial, hysterical fits, bursts of anger etcetera. But for Jake it was less visible. He might have not been showing it to his friends at the very minute, but he was distraught.

Devastated on the inside.

Ahyeun took a seat next to him on the floor, resting her chin on her knees. "She was such an angel, I hope the killer gets the punishment they deserve."

Jake turned his head to her, "Do you really think the police will be able to find out who did this to her?"

His question seemed rather rhetorical, sarcastic.

Ahyeun exhaled sharply, "I don't know. They might."

"I don't trust them," Jake declared. "Look at Dana's case, it's been almost two weeks and I don't think they've even gotten as far as to begin their investigation."

Ahyeun thought about it, the painful truth upsetting her more than anything. She knew where Jake was trying to get with this. "They don't care... do they?"

"They don't give two shits," Jake scoffed.

Ahyeun closed her eyes, leaning her head back into the wall. "They really don't."

[00:23am]

Heeseung watched from a distance as Jake stared lifelessly at a wall.

"He's not taking this very well," he said to Riki who was seated beside him.

"Poor hyung. He literally stumbled across the dead body of his girlfriend," Riki sighed.

"Who would even kill someone and leave their body in the woods?" Heeseung frowned.

"Hari would," Riki joked, laughing a bit about it.

Heeseung looked over to where Hari was.

The girl was unusually quieter than usual, and Heeseung was quick to notice.

"You're right, she would."

When seeing Heeseung's serious face, Riki's smile dropped. "I'm just kidding hyung."

"I know," Heeseung slowly turned to Riki. "But I can't help but have a bad feeling about that Shin girl. It just seems in her demeanor to do things like these."

"You seriously can't be suspecting her?" Riki's mouth hung open.

"Oh but you see Riki, from what I know, Hari and Ayeong had a little fight just yesterday," Heeseung explained.

Riki's eyes grew wide, "Really?"

"Jung Yoona told me. And I saw her after the fight too, she came into the elevator with scratches and shit on her neck," Heeseing recalled.