016

─────── 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑   𝟏𝟔 ───────

[20 | 02 | 23 , 11:11am]

Kim Sunoo hated it when the spotlight wasn't on him. Absolutely detested it. He was meant to be the main character, the school's protagonist.

And so he sat in drama class smelling of poignant jealousy, as his teacher announced Moon Soojin as the character of Lady Macbeth.

Sunoo knew she was going to shine in her role as the evil wife- maybe even brighter than him. And that troubled him.  Soojin was his one and only competition when it came to acting, he hated her. But she was oblivious to it because Kim Sunoo never showed any emotion other than oozing confidence and charisma.

"Congratulations Soojin!" everyone said in enthusiasm that sounded revolting to Sunoo.

Soojin took her seat next to Sunoo, as the second lead actress. She smiled at him, "Wow! I can't believe I got the role, I finally get to work with you Sunoo-sshi!"

She was younger than him, not by a lot. Maybe a couple of weeks, but the way she spoke to him with uttermost respect would make anyone think they had years of an age gap.

The truth was Sunoo was the one Soojin looked up to. Ever since she transferred to Pendulin Academy in sophomore year and saw him play the malevolent character of Hamlet at that year's showcase.

He smiled a fake smile, "Of course you did, your acting is better than most here."

"Not more than you obviously," she blatantly stated, making Sunoo's lips curl up.

Yeah never more than me, I'll make sure of that. Sunoo thought to himself. "Ani-ah, you're still very good though."

"Kamshamnida," she beamed proudly. Her idol just complimented her.

But in Sunoo's mind it was with different intentions.

[1:13pm]

"Man volleyball hits different when with Ayeong," Im Jiwoong stated, smirking at his friends. "She would always put on a show when playing."

Jake, who stopped behind them upon hearing the name of his late girlfriend, heard everything. And he wasn't happy. His fists tightened together as Jiwoong continued talking.

"I've always said she has the best body out of the girls. Too bad she died before I could make moves," he darkly chuckled, his friends joining in.

Jake marched up to him, pulling Jiwoong's shoulder back so hard that his body was facing him. Jake grabbed him by the collar of his polo, tugging him closer. "What the fuck did you say?"

Jiwoong wasn't scared, instead he smiled- testing Jake's waters further. "Ahh Jake I was just telling the boys how much of a lucky man you were to have gotten into Ayeong's tight-"

A punch landed directly onto Jiwoong's nose, a gruesome cracking sound resonation from the blow. Jake lunged at the boy who fell to the ground from the hit, and began to throw continuous thumps and pummels to Jiwoong's face.

Jiwoong almost became unrecognisable from the amount of blood and mushy flesh that overspread of his visage. He grunted with every pound he received, his chest heaving up in an inhumane manner before falling again weakly.

His friends watched in terror, backing away in case they were to suffer from the same misfortune. He was getting beaten to a pulp.

Jake could have almost killed him if it hadn't been for their volleyball instructor who walked into the horrifying scene, quickly doing his best to pull Jake away.