one

chapter one|

"Spheres."

" I am done

" I am done." Mi-young whispered. She smiled proudly at her exam as she set her pencil down on her desk. She knew she got everything right, she was one of the top students in her class. She looked around the classroom as the other students were still writing down their answers. Surprisingly, she was the first one done. For once.

Mi-young's head whipped towards the window as she looked outside. Big purple spheres appeared out of nowhere just a year ago. Just sitting in the sky, not doing anything. No one knew how they got there, or didn't know what they were doing. Everyone just go about their day, and do normal things. It was nothing new. Of course, everyone had their own theories of what they are capable of.

The exam had ended as everyone was finished. Mi-young walked beside her best friend Kim Chi-yeol on the school campus. They grew up in the same neighborhood since they were kids.

"Mi-young! Chi-yeol!" Mi-young heard her name being called. They stopped walking and turned around, as Deok-joong called out for them.

"Tae-man said minus one is the answer to the first response question." Deok-joong said causing Mi-young to snort. Chi-yeol and Mi-young shared looks before looking back at Deok-joong.

"He's lying." Mi-young chuckled. "The answer was 144."

"She's right." Chi-yeol agreed.

People were surprised Chi-yeol, Deok-joong, and Mi-young were best friends. The boys being dorky, and Mi-young being Mi-young.

Mi-young and Deok-joong looked down towards Chi-yeol's phone in his hands as he watched about the spheres that appeared in the sky. He was always reading about those things.

"Are you still reading about the spheres?" Deok-joong asked. It was Chi-yeol's daily thing. "How long have they been up there?"

"It's been a year." Mi-young answered.

"Has it been a year?"

__________

"When those things came down. I thought something was going to happen." Deok-joong said, pointing to the spheres in the sky. "Hey, Mi-young. Isn't your brother in the military? Doesn't he know anything about this?"

Mi-young shrugged. "I don't talk to him. Lost contact with him." She explained.

"Hey." Chi-yeol changed the subject, as he noticed the look on Mi-young's face. He knew her brother was a touchy subject for her. "If aliens invade us, nothing changes for high school seniors."

"True.... Internet cafe?" Deok-joong asked.

Mi-young groaned. "Please don't make me go this time. I went last time for you lot."

"Mi-young never wants to go, but I'd love to!" Chi-yeol said.

The three continued walking, but stopped when they saw Young-hoon on his phone and waiting for the bus. Chi-yeol and Mi-young both shared looks. Besides Chi-yeol and Mi-young being neighbors and best friends, Young-hoon was in the same neighborhood. He was quiet and kept to himself, that is why he was always being bullied.

Mi-young stood back with Deok-joong as they watched Chi-yeol failing to have a conversation with Young-hoon. He ignored Chi-yeol as the bus rolled up, and entered the bus.

"Hey, why'd you ask if he did well on the exam?" Deok-joong asked as they appeared at Chi-yeol's side. "He's top of the class. Of course he'd do well. He's even smarter than Mi-young."

Mi-young sighed. "No matter how hard I try, I can never pass him."

"I just said whatever cause it's awkward. You clueless idiot!"

Deok-joong looked towards Young-hoon as he sat in his seat on the bus. "I'd feel defeated if I were bullied, but he's not like that at all."

"I feel bad for him." Mi-young sighed. "Anyway, my dad is picking me up to keep track on me. See ya."

_________

Here's the first chapter. Sorry it's short, I just wanted to get it started <333