eight

Chapter eight |

Chapter eight |

"Run!"

The class of 3-2 stood outside wearing gear. Todays lesson was the students shooting real bullets at the range. Mi-young's brother was doing head count as So-yeon squealed like a little girl.

"Cut it out!" Mi-young hissed.

"He's so handsome!" So-yeon squealed.

Mi-young ended up having a play fight with So-yeon.

"So-yeon! I said cut it out!" Mi-young groaned.

"Stop fooling around." Mi-young's brother ordered the girls.

Mi-young stepped away from So-yeon and stood beside Chi-yeol who was quiet. Chi-yeol was watching the girls in amusement.

The class followed the soldiers through central plaza. Something seemed strange to Mi-young though. Usually the town was crowded with people. It was empty, it was like a ghost town.

"It's weird." Mi-young whispered beside So-yeon.

"What's weird?" So-yeon asked.

"Can't you see? The streets are empty. There's no one here. Something is definitely strange"

So-yeon pushed Mi-young playfully. "You watch too many TV."

Suddenly the other students started to whisper about the place being empty.

"It's true. All stores are closed too."

"Wow."

"It looks like the world has ended."

"How is there not a single person?"

"There's not a single rat roaming around."

"Do you need to poop?" Mi-young heard Deok-joong ask Chi-yeol from behind her.

Mi-young and So-yeon shared disgusted looks before before looking back at Deok-joong.

"You're disgusting! Why are you asking him if he needs to poop, when you need to poop?" Mi-young groaned. "I wonder why I'm friends with you sometimes."

So-yeon giggled. "I wonder the same thing! I understand Chi-yeol, but Deok-joong? I don't see it."

Deok-joong fake gasped. "How rude. I wonder the same about you So-yeon. You guys are nothing alike. How did you even become friends?"