twenty-three

Chapter twenty-three|

"Some fragile girl."

"What are you doing?" Mi-young found Jang-Soo the only one in the main area, as he was looking at the map. "I was checking the places we should go tomorrow." Jang-Soo answered.

"Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. I'm just tired of everyone treating me like I'm some fragile girl or something. They keep looking at me like I'm not going to make it. I mean, I'm still here... Aren't I?"

Jang-Soo looked towards Mi-young. "It wasn't them that brought it up, or Il-ha. It was my idea. I was only trying to protect you."

Mi-young arched her eyebrow. "Why?"

It was silent as Jang-Soo looked into her eyes. He wasn't sure if he should confess his recent feelings about her. He knew she was with Il-ha and should back off,but he couldn't help his feelings and wants to protect her. So, instead he said something different. "we don't need to lose anyone else. Your brother was enough, we need to keep as much of us alive."

Mi-young nodded before looking down at the map. "Okay, so where are we going?"

Yoo-Jung and Jang-Soo had gathered everyone around for votes. Yoo-Jung placed pens and papers onto the tables.

"I know that some of you are still confused." Yoo-Jung said. "Write O if you think we should stay on our own, and X if you want to go home."

Mi-young knew what she wanted, as she wrote down O. She had wrote down the same answer before, it's not going to change. Il-ha noticed next to him, and looked at her in disbelief.

"Everyone will submit X this time, right?" Soon-yi asked.

"We should go home." Joon-Hee stated. "Without some obnoxious jerk, that is."

"Hey, Mi-young wrote down the same answer. Why aren't you mad at her?" Young-soo pointed towards Mi-young, as she narrowed her eyes. "don't get me into this, you prick. At least I'm only doing it for survival. Not credit points. You still believe that?"

Everyone finished writing their vote, as they got up and slid it in the vote box.

"Stay" Yoo-Jung face the O paper to show the kids, as some of them groaned and cheered. Mi-young couldn't help but grinned. 

"Leave." Yoo-Jung showed the kids, as some cheered. 

"You really choose O?" Il-ha whispered to Mi-young.