fourteen

Chapter fourteen|

Chapter fourteen|

"Get in! Get in! He's coming!" Mi-young rushes the other students to get into the back of the military truck. Mi-young got in last as Il-ha pulled her up. The class sat in silent, as they heard the truck door open then close, and the engine starting.

Everyone was silent as Mi-young's brother was driving, unaware the students being in the back. The truck went over a bump, causing Deok-joong to gasp out loud.

Mi-young went over to cover his mouth. "sh! He'll hear you!" Mi-young whispered.

It was too late, the truck came to a stop and Platoon leader went to the back finding the students.

The students pursed their lips together, as Mi-young grinned cheekily at her brother. "Hey, bro! How's it hanging?" She joked, leaning her elbow onto Il-ha's shoulder as she sat next to him.

Platoon leader looked at the students in disbelief. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We heard you were going to look for the others." Il-ha answered.

"I'm going to look for them." Platoon leader confirmed. "So, you guys go back."

"Do you know what happens if you get caught?" Platoon leader continued.

"We'll probably receive penalty points." Il-ha replied. "But what about you?"

"Hey, do you know what happens in a situation like this?"

"At the minimum, execution." Deok-joong answered.

"Lets go." Mi-young said. "It's too late to turn back now."

It was now dark, meaning they had been driving in the truck for awhile now. The students sat in the back, while Mi-young decided to sit in the front with her brother. She didn't know why she wanted to sit with him, she just did.

"You're dumb, you know?" Platoon leader broke the silence between them.

"What?" Mi-young whipped her head to look at her brother.

"For sneaking out, and coming out here. It's dangerous."

Mi-young scoffed. "Not like you care."

"I do care. I'm doing half of this stuff for you. To protect you."

"Yah, protecting me by leaving me with them." Mi-young said, referring to their parents.

"I'm here now!" Platoon leader said a little louder, getting frustrated. 

It was silent between them again, until Mi-young gasped when she looked out the window. They were driving through the city, as cars were crashed into more cars.

Bodies were laying around.

As they drove further, Mi-young noticed something in the distance.

"What's that?" Mi-young pointed ahead, as a military truck was tipped over.