eleven

chapter eleven | "I can't do it anymore

chapter eleven |
"I can't do it anymore."

Mi-young, Yoo-Jung, and Young-Shin decided to go to Mi-young's brother, as they knocked on the door. Lieutenant Lee opened the door revealing his sister and her friends.

They sat down at a table, as Yoo-Jung slid a paper to Lieutenant Lee. "This is the opinions of the class". She explained. "Everyone says they want to go home."

Mi-young looked down as she avoided her brothers eyes.

"So many soldiers died because of just one." Lieutenant Lee said. "So, how are you saying you will go home, avoiding the ever-increasing number of spheres. Also, if you go home right now, your parents aren't there."

"Excuse me?"

"An evacuation order has been given." He explained. "They've probably moved to an evacuation shelter by now."

"Then can't they send us to a evacuation shelter, platoon leader?" The class president asked.

"You guys are currently soldiers." Platoon leader explained. "And we are in a Middle of a war. You guys can't be discharged." He said, before ripping  the paper of votes. "So don't think about useless things, and prepare for training."

Mi-young stayed behind with her brother, as the other two students left to break the news to the other kids.

"Thought I told you to prepare for training." Choon-ho crossed his arms.

"Can't you cut them some slack? Those other kids are scared. We want to go home."

"What made you change your mind about staying?"

"I don't want to see any of my friends die again. They are right, my homeroom teacher died because of me. Please." Mi-young sobbed, as she grabbed onto her brothers hand. "Let us go home."

"No."

Mi-young walked out of the room,wiping her tears. She was walking back to the classroom, when her body collided into another one.

"Mi-young, what's wrong?" Il-ha noticed Mi-young tears were coming down, as she was sobbing.

"I'm sorry. You're right. I don't want to stay here anymore. I want to go home, I don't want anyone else dying."

Il-ha pulled Mi-young into his chest, as he let her sob into him. "it's okay. We'll figure it out together."

Il-ha pulled Mi-young away, so he's facing her. "Mi-young, I'm sorry for everything I done. I really am."