twenty-eight

Chapter Twenty-eight |

It was the next morning everyone has packed and left the 'home.' Mi-young and Il-ha walked out of the building hand in hand. Everyone was still mad at them, they were even mad at Mi-young for siding with them.

They were walking down the long road. It was getting colder out, as Mi-young put her hood up, and made her scarf a little tighter. You can even see her breath. Mi-young never liked the cold.

"I don't think I can walk anymore." Soon-yi cried. Mi-young and the rest have been walking for awhile now, but Mi-young didn't know how far. She was too exhausted to think. Everyone was exhausted. Mi-young took a small sip of water from her canteen bottle, before she handed it to Il-ha. "Want some?" Il-ha shook his head. "You have the rest. You need it more than I do." Mi-young pressed the bottle against his chest, as he sighed. Il-ha grabbed the bottle as he took a sip, and handed it back to her. Jang-Soo was in the back of them, as he watched in jealousy. He needed to confess his feelings towards her.

Suddenly, Young-Shin ran forward to a bigger map that was up, as the rest of the kids followed. "We've been walking for two days straight but we still have 100 kilometers to go?" Joon-Hee cried. "Hey, Are we even going the right way?" Young-Shin nodded. "Yes, it's the right way."

"I can't feel my feet! I don't think I can walk anymore." Soon-yi fell to the floor.

"I'm so hungry." Deok-joong said. "We don't have much to eat anymore either."

"Oh!" So-Yoon gasped, noticing a car nearby. "There's a car over there."

So-Yoon went to go near the car, but Hee-rak quickly stopped her.

"What?"

Hee-rak suddenly pointed his gun, noticing a dead body was near it.

Hee-rak started to lead the way, but stopped when more bodies appear. Bodies that were the kids age. One of the girls had red hair just like Mi-young, but darker. The other one was a male.

"Oh my gosh." Deok-joong kneeled down in front of the body.

"What is it?"

"These guys came from our group." Joon-Hee answered.

"The science and tech high school kids... They were on their way to Seoul... But what the heck.." Ha-Na said.

Mi-young went to step onto the bus, as she tried to start the engine. She knew how to drive, she would always steal one of her dad's cars when she needed to get away.