Chapter 6: "Another Roommate"

××××××××××××××××

××××××××××××××××

Me and Wally just stared at the new figure. Wally was standing up while I was laying down on my stomach. There was silence for only a moment.

I rolled onto my back and then sat up. I looked over to Wally. He was staring at the new guy, but his pupils were enlarged.

The new guy was absolutely terrified. He was looking from me to Wally. He was very cautious of every move he made while Wally was staring at him. He kept trying to push himself further into the wall.

There was only a moment of time until Wally tried to leap onto the new person, but my instincts jumpstarted faster than he could even get to him.

I grabbed him, making him fall and land onto my lap, where I could hold him. He was still staring daggers at the new guy.

I had to get Wally out of here so I could calm this man down and get him to talk to me. If could get him to talk to me and tell me more information on what's happening, then I could get them both out of my house.

Wally started to struggle in my arms, so I picked him up, (to which he went limp), and then I got up to shove him out of the room, slamming the door in his face and locking it.

There was a pause for a moment, but then he started to bang on the door. I walked over to the new guy and sat down by him.

"So.. what's your name?" I asked him. He didn't answer for a moment, "oh don't worry about Wally, he's just going to have that temper tantrum for another moment before he stops," I reassured him.

He took a breath before continuing, "my name's Eddie." I smiled at him, "and you know Wally, right?" I asked him, just to make sure.

"Yes," he responded after a moment. "And what exactly do you remember before you got here?"

The banging stopped after I asked that. He started to look from me and the door. He didn't say anything, but I could tell he was incredibly nervous to say anything.

I lowly whispered to him, making sure Wally couldn't tell, "don't worry about Wally over there, just focus on me. Do you remember anything?"

He looked at me, took a breath, and attempted to relax. He started to whisper as low as I did, "I remember being in a dark void, but how I got there gets blurry."

"And do you know why Wally was acting like that before I kicked him out? You looked terrified of him, so what happened?"

"I remember that he was the reason why everyone in our neighborhood was disappearing, but I don't exactly know what he did," he started to look away from me, as if trying to remember what happened.

"And how'd you get into that void?"

"I was packing anything that I could find into envelopes, because I'm a mailman, and I was sending them out to anywhere I could, but then I remember seeing Wally. That's all I remember," he finished as he hung his head.

"Thank you. You're safe here with me by the way, I'll make sure Wally can't hurt you or anything. I'll let you stay with me, and I'll keep you Wally separated." I smiled at him.

I stood up, offering my hand down to Eddie to pull him up with me. He took it, and I saw how he was almost the same height as me.

When I was done looking him up and down, I looked up to see his face. I noticed that he had his hand that wasn't holding mine scratching his neck, and he was blushing and smiling while looking down.

I looked to where he was staring and realized that I was just holding his hand. I quickly let go of his hand and giggled, "oh sorry."

He quickly assured me that it was fine. "Are you calm enough to stand in the presence of Wally or..?"

His smile slightly faltered, "yeah, I think." I nodded and went up to the door. He quickly followed me, making sure to stay behind me a bit.

I unlocked it and opened it. I was expecting Wally to be there, but surprisingly, he wasn't. "Huh," I said as I looked both ways from the door, trying to find him.

"Where'd he go?" I asked. I turned to look at Eddie, and gestured for him to follow me. We walked down the stairs together.

Together, I mean, was us huddled together while our arms were linked. We were very close together.

We made it down the stairs but we still didn't see Wally anywhere. We went into the living room. I sat Eddie down and I was going to discuss what was going to happen next, but when I turned around to sit my ass on the couch, I saw Wally standing in the kitchen doorway.

"Wally, would you like to join us on the couch?" I offered.

He didn't even look at me, he was dead staring Eddie right now. He didn't budge when I spoke to him. I shrugged it off, because I know I could hold him back if he ever went for Eddie.

I sat down and started to explain, "So I do have an extra room, but it isn't prepared because I did move in this house about 3 months ago and I didn't really think I would be housing two alive puppets."

He nodded to show he was paying attention. "So you can sleep on the couch until I get the extra room set up for you."

"Wally doesn't sleep on the couch?" He asked. I realized that Wally technically doesn't understand the concept of sleeping and therefore, can't sleep. I can't really trust him to stay in bed with me while I am sleeping.

"No, he's going to be sleeping with me, " I paused before whispering the next part, "because he helped me sleep quicker last night and I desperately need that.."

I cleared my throat before continuing to explain, "I'll let you live here because you wouldn't survive out there, without anything. I will buy you clothes but I'm kinda low on money after I bought Wally's clothes so you might have to wait a bit."

I noticed he was barely even listening to me. He was too focused on the fact that Wally was staring at him with those big ass black eyes.

Touching his hand to reassure him, he blushed and smiled up at me, but the next thing I know, Wally leaped onto Eddie. I, again, jumped into action and pulled Wally off.

I held Wally in my arms, in which he went limp, again, but I saw him blink. I didn't think anything out of it but Eddie hissed in pain. I looked up towards him and saw that he was holding his arm in pain.

My mind didn't process it right away, but then I remembered a TikTok I saw of Wally doing something like that. Apparently he can eat something by staring at it, or hurt it by staring at it. I looked down at Wally, who was about to blink.

Then, I smacked the shit out of him.

××××××××××××××××

i found actor au Wally and now I really want to write a book about him, but I don't think I can write two books at once 😭😭