Chapter 16: "Missing"

TW: Vomiting with blood

××××××××××××××××

     Waking up, I didn't remember anything. I looked around with my mind still blank. I was tired, numb, and my teeth felt weird. I was also very sweaty and my neck hurt a bit. I'm gonna guess that when I fell asleep last night, I was knocked out cold very quickly.

Moving to get up, I saw my phone on my bedside table and grabbed it. Checking the text messages that I got from Wally last night, they said: "Sleep well," "What did you see?" and "are you feeling alright?"

I read the messages from bottom to top, I think that's why I was so confused while reading them. Ignoring them, I got up while taking my phone with me. I noticed that I got a bit lightheaded when I got up, but I continued to walk out of my room and to the bathroom.

I don't know why I went to the bathroom first, I don't usually use the bathroom the minute I get out of bed and I don't even take my phone in there with me. Though, the moment I shut the door behind me, I felt the urge to puke.

Slowly placing my phone down on the sink counter, I harshly fell on my ass next to the toilet. It took a moment for me to actually vomit, but I did. It was a gross red and green color, looking like normal green throw up but with a mix of blood inside of it.

The more I looked at it, the more I got lightheaded. I then tried tO get up and grab my phone, but I just couldn't seem to. My head started to spin, making me even more nauseous. I slowly laid down on the cold tile, trying to ease my head for a bit.

My phone started to buzz over and over again. But I didn't process it. My mind was blank. I couldn't think of anything. Breathing in and out, I try to calm my head and my heart. I could hear my heart in my ears.

After a few more moments, I finaLly found the will to pull myself up. I sat there, trying to process what had happened. My head was still spinning but it didn't hurt as bad. I grabbed my phone off the sink counter and slowly brought it towards my my face.

Turning it on, I saw a couple texts from Wally. I was feeling a bit better now, so I could understand what Wally was saying. "Are you alright?" He asked in one message. The next was, "are you sick?"

Then after that one, he asked: "do you have a fever?" I brought a hand to my forehead to check my temperature. I could barely tell if it was cold or hot but I could feel that it was sweaty. The next message he sent was, "you should get some rest, let the others know what's going on."

I closed my eyes because they started to get heavy. Then after a few seconds, my phone buzzed again. I slowly opened my eyes to check the message. "There's someone outside the door," it said. When I looked up to the door, I finally noticed how there was someone gently knocking.

Getting up, I started feeling lightheaded again. Though, I opened the door. Standing closely on the other side of the door, was Wally. He stood there, as calm as ever. He then spoke up, "Are you alright?"