Chapter 9: "Be Quiet"

××××××××××××××××

××××××××××××××××

I sat there, in my seat, silent. I had my fingers pinching the bridge of my nose and I was breathing sorta heavily. Wally sat in the backseat, smiling.

We only sat in silence for a moment before Wally spoke up, "Are you mad at me?"

I didn't reply. I could only think any possible way to sneak Wally in. I was thinking that I could hide him in a closet or something, but then I remembered that I couldn't even trust him to stay inside the house and to not sneak into my car.

The only thing I could think of that could possibly work is making him stay in the car, roll down a window a bit, and lock him in the car. Though, I can't trust him not to gain the attention of someone else.

What if I could sneak him as my child? Or as my puppet? I have no idea what I'm going to do. I can't trust him to follow any of my rules.

"So.. are we going to go in?" He asked.

I took a breath, "why did you sneak into my car?" I said it more as a demand than a question.

He didn't reply for a moment. "Because I didn't want to be left alone."

"Yes but, you had Eddie there."

He groaned and laid back onto the seat. I sighed and exited the car. Wally immediately followed me out and shut the door when I leaned back in to grab my things. I shut my door and I looked at him weird as he smiled up at me.

I started to walk towards the door but once I got there, I stopped and turned to Wally.

"This is the plan. I sneak you in, you stay hidden away from everyone, and then I'll come and get you when I'm ready to leave," I explained to him and turned back around to open the door.

"What will I do for that long?" He asked before I could open the door.

" How is that my problem? You literally snuck into my car without thinking about what would happen. You figure it out."

He didn't reply so I just walked into the restaurant. I grabbed him by the forearm and held him close to me. I was trying to make him less noticeable but he's so brightly colored, he is a beacon for any kid.

I quickly walked into the kitchen and went into a closet to put my stuff down in there. I let go of Wally and went to leave, but I stopped and turned to warn him. "If anyone comes in here, hide behind something and make yourself less noticeable."

He nodded and I left to go start my job. I put on my apron thingy and grabbed my notepad and pen. I said hi to the chefs and the other waitresses before I left to go wait tables.

I knew Wally wouldn't stay there for long. Though, if he left that closet and someone found him, that's his fault. I will not help him if he's thrown out of the restaurant.

The customers didn't exactly give me a hard time, it was really only the thought of Wally that was ruining my mood tonight. Isn't he an adult? Why does he act like a naive child? And why do I have to let him live with me?

God apparently is loving me today, deciding to curse me with a yellow, cinnamon roll haired, 3 foot tall puppet. The more the night ran along, the more upset I got.

When I went back into the kitchen, I saw the closet door slightly opened. Now, I remember that I shut that damn door. There's only two options, either that someone else forgot to close it or wally left.

Walking in there, slowly opening the door to not make a sound. All I saw was coats, bags, storage, just random stuff. But no Wally.

I started to look around, behind boxes and coats to find him. I didn't see him. Now I was pissed because I knew that I'll never trust him again.

I immediately left the closet and began looking for him. "Hey, where are you going? You have to wait tables!" One of my coworkers yelled after me.

Honestly, I didn't care, I started looking around the tables and seats in case he crawled around like a damn cat. He wasn't there, so I started to look around the bathrooms and other places around the restaurant.

I still couldn't find him. At this point I was so close to having a breakdown. I walked out of the restaurant and out to the back of the restaurant. I looked both ways, not finding him anywhere. I thought maybe that he was in my car but I knew that was very unlikely.

Sitting down by the door and started to cry. I had to be quiet because I wouldn't like anyone to see me like this. I don't usually cry easily, but I couldn't just help it with all of the stress recently.

To Wally flying out of my monitor, to seeing him eat with his eyes, him being overly obsess with me, trying to figure out if I should even keep Wally in my house, Wally being overly obsessed with me and hurting Eddie.

I might even be in dept because I have to buy clothes for both Wally and Eddie. And what if there's going to be more puppets? I would have to feed an entire house by myself because I'm the only one that actually has a real job.

Not even that, there's other problems that I have to deal with. Things like family drama, being so entirely fucking lonely because I can't socialize properly, I haven't really had any close friends.

The stress just got to me at this moment. I couldn't keep my sobs down as I continued crying. I knew that if I kept this up, someone would hear. I didn't want anyone to be around me at this moment.

I felt something touch my back before I paused. I immediately stopped crying and froze. Someone sat down next to me. I looked away because I didn't want to show my face.

"What's the matter?" Wally's weirdly soft voice asked. He started to rub my back very softly.

"Where were you?" I asked. My voice was cracked and my throat was scratchy. I knew it would make my eyes itchy but I didn't care right now.

"I only walked around the building. I'm sorry if I scared you," he softly replied.

"Its not just that," I whispered as I hiccuped.

"Then what else is the matter?"

"It's just everything that's been going on," I said. That is the truth, but I'm going to only tell him how I've been stressed with the puppets and not anything other than that.

"I know this hasn't been easy for you and quite stressful-" I interrupted him.

"You've been making it so hard to live with you. I don't have any clue how I'm supposed to deal with it anymore." I choked on my sob after I said that.

"I'm sorry. I'll be better, I promise."

××××××××××××××××

i can't get out of bed because of how tired I am but my my mom is getting me ranch chicken so yay !! 😍😍

update: she did not buy me ranch chicken. she brought home actual baby turkeys.