Chapter 17: "Out Of Character"

××××××××××××××××

××××××××××××××××

     Jumping out of my skin, I quickly turn around to see how touched my shoulder. I honestly expected to see Wally standing there, but surprisingly it was Julie. We just sat there, staring at each other for a moment.

I noticed how she looked sad and not as happy as she usually would. I thought that Julie was always the super bright and optimistic character in Welcome home. But right now, she looked tired, exhausted, and hurt.

She hesitated to speak, but continued to. "Do.. do you know?" She asked slowly. Her eyes filled with hope with that thought, burning only a small but hopefully smile to her face. She jumped up, grabbing my shoulders and she looked at me seriously.

"Can you help us? Do you know? Oh, please, god, tell me you know!" She shook my shoulders the more she talked. I looked at her, confused as hell. What is she on about? Is this even Julie?

"What are you talking about?" I asked, making sure not to make my tone harsh or judgy because I don't know how she would react to that in this moment. Her eyes turned sad again, seemingly realizing what she just did.

She immediately stepped back, looking down and holding her hands in front of her like a quilt little girl. She looked terrified, scared of something. "Hopefully, one day, you can help us," she sadly said. Her voiced cracked when she spoke.

Chuckling slightly, wiping away her eyes. She was slowly returning back into the Julie we know. ".. .----. -- / ... --- .-. .-. -.-- --..-- / .... . / -.. --- . ... -. .----. - / .-.. .. -.- . / .. - / .-- .... . -. / .-- . .----. .-. . / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / -.-. .... .- .-. .- -.-. - . .-." she said as she looked up to me.

I tilted my head, squinting my eyes at her. I was incredibly confused by what she meant. Julie sighed before smiling brightly, giggling while she walked off into the kitchen. I could hear her start up a conversation with Sally.

Right after she walked into the kitchen, Eddie walked out slowly. Making sure not to spill my drink while he handed it to me. I smiled up at him, still a bit confused from what just happened. He smiled back at me, patting me on the head and walked back into the kitchen.

I sipped it, noticing how it had a different sweeter taste than it usually had. I swirled the drink around in the mug, looking to see what was inside of it. It seemed like he put something in it to make it taste this way. He also put marshmallows in the shape of a smiley face. If I didn't have whip cream, he probably would've put some on.

My phone buzzed, indicating that I got another text. I slowly transfered my mug into one hand so my right hand can lift up my phone to see who texted me. Obviously, it was from the other Wally who was currently asking me what happened.

"What was that? What did she mean by that?" He asked. I snorted, replying back with, "do you think I know? I could barely say anything to he because I thought she was just delusional." I looked back up to the TV, watching it while glancing down to my phone.

Wally took a bit typing, as he is new to this. He finally responded with, "well, can you send me the link to that article? I want to see if I can find anything about that girl and why she reacted so weird to it. You just focus on acting, while I will learn more about this person and tell you what I find."

I went back to that news article, copying the URL and going back to my messages to send it to him. It loaded for a second before finally sending. Wally then went offline while he went to go read the article.

Leaving me with the TV, I started to space out and wonder about what Julie just said. What does she mean that hopefully I could help her and everyone else? How do they need help? I mean, I could try to help in any way I can but what would put them in danger?

Is it someone that is currently living in my house with me? Or could it be something that I can't see but they can? But then again, isn't their two versions of the puppets? I mean, there's two versions of Wally so doesn't that mean there's more of all of them?

Noticing that my foot started to bounce up and down like how you would when your nervous or something. I immediately stop doing that, noticing how that could make me suspicious in any way.

I couldn't help but listen in to the kitchen and hear what they were talking about. I've always had a habit of eavesdropping but sometimes it could be helpful. I noticed how Julie and Eddie were talking about their old homes.

Though, it didn't seem like they were talking about their homes in Welcome Home. It sounded like they were talking about actual homes that live somewhere in this world.

××××××××××××××××