Chapter 26: "No Leaving"

tw: murder, blood, hammers smashing against two peoples heads, and fighting

×X×X×X×X×X×X×X×X

Sitting on her couch, she tried to do breathing exercises to calm herself down. It was normal for her to get nervous like this, though she didn't know why she was this nervous. I guess she just.. got a feeling that something was wrong.

What was wrong was that both her friends, ▊▊▊▊▊▊▊ and ▊▊▊▊▊▊ hadn't returned her calls. Now, that'd be normal if they were busy, but ▊▊▊▊▊▊ would always answer her calls. Why wouldn't he? Their best friends! Maybe he was mad at her? No, he'd would speak up when something was bothering him, he wouldn't just not talk to her ever again!

She started to chew on her nails, a nervous habit she had. She felt like something was awfully wrong, something just was. What could've happened to him? Maybe he was just.. on vacation? But what if something happened worse happened?

He could've been hurt, maybe had been robbed? Who knows! Oh, maybe she should just go to his house and see where he is? No, that'd be a bit weird, it's only been a couple days! What if he was kidnapped? No, let's not think about that, that would only freak her out more.

What as that sound? Was there someone in her house with her? That can't be, she's been sitting here in silence, she would've heard at least something. Who would rob her in the middle of the day? She shifted in her seat, getting more comfortable, trying to think logically instead of spiralling. It was just the house settling, right? She did live in an older home.

She breathed out some more, trying to calm her mind as she looked around for something to distract herself. Right as she looked at her remote to turn on her TV, she heard the sound of a window quietly opening. Her breath quickens as her eyes widen in fear.

Not knowing what to do, her body tensing up as she heard some shuffling. Right then, she quickly bolted towards the other side of her house. She looked around, thinking of where to go before looking at the garage's door. She quickly went inside to the garage, seeing as how she could easily escape. Though, the sound of the garage opening would alert whoever was inside her house.

She tried to breathe calmly, looking around for something to protect herself. She found a random hammer on the floor, quickly picking it up. Her father had let her borrow this hammer, letting her use it to fix her fences. Once she had that, she looked around before spotting the back door, going out to her backyard.