Chapter 11: "A New Favorite"

××××××××××××××××

××××××××××××××××

     When I opened my eyes, I found another puppet laying face down. There was a lot of blonde hair but that didn't matter because she wasn't even responsive. I looked behind me, seeing Wally standing behind me, and Eddie a bit further away. They both were just staring at the newcomer.

I quickly went to see if the new person was alright, but Wally pulled me back. It was more of a warning not to. I shoved him off of me and went to the new girl. I rolled her onto her back and looked at her. She was out cold, but she was still lightly breathing.

To be honest, I didn't know puppets breathed but you know, that's not really the point right now. I quickly picked her up and went for the door. Wally held the door open for me because I knew damn well I couldn't open it while holding her.

I took her inside and laid her down on the couch. I honestly have no idea what to do in this situation except wait for her to wake up. From the looks of it, she didn't have any wounds or anything wrong with her.

Eddie left to the kitchen for some reason. Wally was just giving the girl dirty looks, probably not liking her or that she'll be living with us. Eddie came back from the kitchen and handed me a glass of water.

I smiled at him and took a sip. From the corner of my eye, I could see Wally giving Eddie a worse look than the look he gave the girl. I sat down on the carpet next to couch and grabbed the remote.

I'm not going to wait however long until the girl wakes up. Putting on very old school SpongeBob, I got comfortable on the floor.

"What are you doing?" Eddie asked me. "Waiting for the girl to wake up," I replied, not bothering to look at him and took a sip of my water.

He didn't reply and said down next to me. Wally only stood there, very interested in the show I put on. And for the next 20 minutes, we sat there, watching the show. I finished my glass of water and the girl was starting to wake up.

Then she started to groan and shuffle, Wally didn't even react. He was way too focused on the show. Meanwhile, Eddie and I quickly got up to greet her.

"Julie? Julie, are you alright?" Eddie kept asking. When the she finally realized who was speaking, she quickly got up. "EDDIE!?" she screamed.

I couldn't help but giggle quietly from her outburst. I think that's the best reaction I've got so far. "ARE YOU OKAY? WHERE HAVE YOU BE- wait where are we?"

I giggled harder at that, she finally looked at me and smiled. " Oh, hello! What's your name?" She asked. I think she's going to be my new favorite puppet.

The moment I thought of that, Wally turned around and looked dead at me so fast, I think he got whiplash. I gave him a weird look and went back to Julie, "my name's Y/n, and yours is Julie, right?"

"Ooh! I love that name, Y/n!" She smiled brightly at me. "Alright, so I'm going to explain what's happening, okay?" She nodded while I continued to explain.

"Apparently I'm storing alive puppets with me in my own house now and you get to live here with these two and me because you would die out in the world by yourself," I explained quickly.

That's when Julie noticed Wally in the room. Wally was turned right back to the TV, not wanting to pay attention. Her reaction to him was just pure fear, I could see it. She visibly jumped when she saw him.

Eddie put a hand on her shoulder to assure her that she's safe. He whispered to her, "Wally can't hurt us here, Y/n'll make sure of that." I smiled at her when she looked over at me.

She immediately jumped on me and hugged me. I quickly hugged back to hold her up so she wouldn't fall. She kept repeating "thank you," very loudly in my ear. She sounded genuine, and a tad be scared.

At that moment, I thought, "what the fuck did Wally do to these guys?" I looked over to Wally to see if he looked at me when I thought that, he was just staring at the TV.

She let go of me and sat back on up on the couch. I took this as the moment to continue to explain, "I do have a guest room but its not set up yet, so Eddie's been sleeping on the couch while I work on that. Where would you like to sleep?" I asked, giving her the option.

"Oh, oh! Could I sleep with you?" I paused. I looked over to Wally right as he turned around and gave Julie a harsh look. I quickly spoke up, "well, Wally has been sleeping with me recently so.."

Her smile faltered only a bit before she brought I back up again, "oh! I'll be alright sleeping anywhere then!" She reassured. I thought for a moment, I probably have a sleeping bag somewhere that she can use.

I also think that it's Disney princess themed so that fits perfectly with her. Though, I would absolutely love to have sleepovers with her daily. I met her around 5 minutes ago, but I already love her.

"I can find a sleeping bag for you so you can sleep in here with Eddie," I suggested. She liked that idea so I went to go find the sleeping bag. I wasn't worried about Wally saying anything to them, I also told Eddie to just not listen to Wally and tell me if Wally said anything to him.

Looking around inside my closet, trying to find my sleeping bag from my childhood. I found it on top of my shelf and took it down. Surely, Julie wouldn't mind using this even though it is a bit tattered because I've had it since 2nd grade.

I grabbed it and took it down the stairs with me. When I got down there, I saw Eddie and Julie sitting on the couch, just smiling to themselves. Wally still stood in front of the TV, not even wanting to give the puppets behind him any attention.

He might just be salty that there's another puppet in the house and that I sorta like her more than him. I set the sleeping bag next to the couch for later since it's only around 11:30 am so we don't exactly need it right now.

"Y/n, I'm hungry, may I have something to eat?" She asked politely. "Of course, would you like anything specific?"

"No, not really." She said as she kicked her feet around. I smiled and turned to go to the kitchen to make lunch for everyone but Wally stopped me, "can I help you make lunch?"

××××××××××××××××

<3