Chapter 15: "Peeper's"

××××××××××××××××

××××××××××××××××

     Fumbling over my words, I managed to reply. "Y-.. Yes?" I asked. The 'fake' Wally walked in, seeing me on my phone. I quickly shut my phone off, ignoring the new new messages the other Wally sent.

"Everyone helped make dinner, would you like to come down and eat with us?" I sat there, looking at him. The realization and reality was finally setting in for me. I finally responded, "uh.. alright"

Wally smiled bigger than he already was and walked out of my room. I got up and started walking right behind him. I made sure my phone was off and held tightly in my hand.

I didn't want to just leave it lying out, god knows what Wally would try to do. At this point, I started to get more and more paranoid. I was looking around me, especially behind my back. Though, I don't know why I was doing it.

When I walked into the dining room, I saw that Eddie was already sitting down at the table with food on his plate while Sally and Julie was fixing everyone their plates. Wally sat down next to the end, gesturing for me to sit down.

Apparently, everyone had already agreed that the chair at the end of the table was supposed to be mine. I cautiously sat down, looking around the table. Julie quickly handed me a plate full of food.

Everyone sat down and started to dig in. I looked down at the food, it looked quite appetizing to say the least. I honestly didn't know they knew how to cook. I mean, their puppets, but apparently not.

I felt a buzz in my hand. I quickly turned my phone on, checking the notification. It was from the other Wally. "Have you seen anything weird from the other Wally?"

I looked up, watching Wally place his hands on top of the table while being closed. He just stared at the food, not blowing on it to cool it down or anything, just taking nibbles. I guess he wanted to eat at the pace of every one else.

"Well I have noticed him staring at the others or at me with his pupils massive. He also randomly turns around whenever I think of something offensive," I started to list.

I took a bite of my dinner, and by golly, it was amazing. This is absolutely the best dinner I'll have in my life. Whoever made this is going to live with me for now on because I need this. My momma could never.

Seeing that Wally texted back, I stopped eating and looked down to read what he said. "I know I do that too, but does it seem more intimidating or threatening?" I didn't have to think about that, I already knew the answer.

I took another bite of my dinner, noticing how everyone started to converse with one another, except Wally. Wally was looking from me, to his dinner, and to the person who was talking at the table.

Texting "Yes," and quickly sending it before eating some more to make it believable that I'm not texting someone under the table. I also noticed how Wally started to stare at me the same way the other Wally explained.

It looked like it was a warning. Does he know that I'm texting the other Wally? My phone buzzed again, making me instinctively look down. ".. ... / .... . / ... - .- .-. .. -. --. / .- - / -.-- --- ..- / .-. .. --. .... - / -. --- .-- ..--.." he asked.

I looked back up at Wally, checking to see if he was still looking. He was. Whatever he was thinking, I was just proving his point. I know he knew exactly what I was doing. I slowly typed out "yes," and turned my phone off. I knew I shouldn't keep texting the other Wally when he was staring at me.

For the rest of the dinner, I sat there, silent as hell, and ate. Everyone else was having a great conversation, sometimes including me into it. Not Wally though, no one wanted to talk to him.

Wally finished his dinner before all of us and excused himself. I don't know where he went, but I knew that this was my chance to get back to the other Wally.

I opened the messages back up and I immediately started to type. "Do you know what he is?" That was the first question that I had from the beginning. If that wasn't Wally, what was he?

"I honestly don't know, but I can try to figure things out now that I can access the website," he replied. I didn't reply, I was getting more paranoid now that Wally's gone. I would rather have him in front of me than not knowing where he is.

When Sally, Julie, and Eddie all decided that they were done with their dinner, the girls picked up our dishes and went to go wash them for us. Me and Eddie thanked them while we got up.

Eddie went into the living room and started to prepare the sleeping bags for everyone to sleep. I went up the stairs, slowly walking up them. I started to become a bit uncomfortable the more I went up the stairs.

It felt like spiders were crawling up my spine. Do you know that feeling that you feel like your being watched but you swear that no one is watching? That's exactly what I feel right now.

I wasn't even on the last step when I started to second guess myself. Was someone actually watching me? Am I delusional or not? What is even going on right now? This day has been so incredibly weird.

When I did finally get to the top step, I felt my phone buzz inside of my hand again. I checked what it was, and it's of course Wally. I quickly opened it and read it.

"01010000 01101100 01100101 01100001 01110011 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01110010 01100101 01100110 01110101 01101100" he said. What did he mean by that? What did he know?

I looked down the hall, the feeling of being watched was more than just a feeling. I know someone was watching me. Though, the hallway was only just a black abyss. There was nothing down there.

I slowly started to walk towards to my bedroom, but I couldn't just stop looking down the hall. I felt like I wanted to just turn and run because I don't mess with this shit.

When I looked closely, I could make out something in the dark. I held my bedrooms doorknob, ready to run in and hide under my sheets. Though, I froze the moment I saw it.

There was an eye, just staring at me from across the hall.