Comfort in the dark • Scarlett Johansson

Paring: Scarlett Johansson x Reader (female)

Warnings: panic attack

Summary: Scarlett Johansson comforts her girlfriend y/n during a panic attack in the middle of the night, helping her calm down and fall asleep.

It was already past midnight when y/n woke up in a cold sweat. She felt her heart racing and her mind spinning, consumed by the nervousness and fear of the upcoming interview. She had been preparing for weeks, and yet the idea of facing the interviewer and answering their questions made her feel paralyzed with anxiety.

She looked at Scarlett, sleeping peacefully by her side, and didn't want to wake her up. She knew how important sleep was for her partner, especially when she had a busy schedule ahead. Scarlett was filming a new movie and had long days of shooting, and y/n didn't want to add more stress to her life.

So, quietly as a mouse, y/n got out of bed and tiptoed to the bathroom, hoping to calm down on her own. She turned on the light, splashed some cold water on her face, and tried to breathe deeply, but the panic kept rising in her chest, like a tsunami about to crash.

Suddenly, she felt a wave of nausea and dizziness, and her legs gave in under her weight. She fell to the floor, her body shaking with sobs and gasps, her mind spiraling out of control.

Scarlett woke up with a start, disoriented and confused. She looked around the room, searching for y/n, but the place next to her was empty. At first, she thought her partner had gone to the bathroom, but then she heard a faint noise, like someone crying.

Her heart clenched with worry, and she got out of bed, her senses alert. She followed the sound, her bare feet touching the cold tiles of the bathroom floor. And then she saw y/n, curled up in a ball, tears streaming down her face, her body shaking with sobs.

"Y/n, baby, what's wrong?" Scarlett whispered, her voice trembling with concern. She knelt beside her partner, gently stroking her back, trying to soothe her. She knew y/n had struggled with anxiety before, but this was different. This was a full-blown panic attack, and Scarlett felt helpless.

She tried to remember what her therapist had taught her, how to help someone through a panic attack. She took a deep breath, and then another, and then she spoke, softly and reassuringly.

"Y/n, listen to my voice. You're safe, you're with me. You're not alone, okay? You're having a panic attack, and that's okay. You're not crazy, you're not weak. You're human, and you're allowed to feel scared sometimes. But you're stronger than your fear, and you can overcome it. You're amazing, y/n. You're so brave, and so beautiful, and I love you so much."

Y/n listened to Scarlett's words, as if they were a lifeline in the storm. She felt her grip on reality loosening, but Scarlett's touch kept her grounded. She clung to her partner, burying her face in her neck, inhaling her scent, feeling her warmth.

Scarlett held her tight, feeling her own tears prickling at the corners of her eyes. She hated seeing y/n in pain, and she wished she could take it away, make it disappear. But she knew that wasn't possible. She knew that all she could do was be there, be present, be supportive.

After what felt like an eternity, y/n's sobs started to subside, and her breathing became more regular. Scarlett kept holding her, whispering sweet nothings in her ear, feeling her own heartbeat slowing down.

"Y/n, can you tell me what caused the panic attack?" Scarlett asked, softly, after a while.

", It's just that... I have this interview tomorrow and I'm really nervous about it. I don't think I'll be able to do it, and I don't want to disappoint anyone," you explained, your voice shaking slightly.

Scarlett pulled back, her eyes filled with concern as she gently wiped the tears from your cheeks. "It's okay, my love. I know how nerve-wracking interviews can be. Just take a deep breath and remember that you're amazing, and you're going to do great. And no matter what happens, I'll be here for you. Always. I love you." She pulled you close and held you tightly, her arms a safe haven in the midst of your anxiety.

You nodded, tears still streaming down your face. "I love you too, Scarlett. Thank you for always being there for me."

She smiled at you and kissed your forehead before tucking you back into bed. "Get some rest now, okay? Tomorrow's a big day, and I want you to be at your best."

You nodded again and closed your eyes, feeling safe and loved in Scarlett's arms. As you drifted off to sleep, you couldn't help but feel grateful for her and the unconditional love she showed you every day.

The next morning, you woke up feeling a bit more refreshed and prepared for your interview. You still felt nervous, but Scarlett's words from the night before echoed in your mind, giving you a sense of comfort and strength.

You made your way to the interview and, as expected, it was nerve-wracking. But you kept reminding yourself of Scarlett's love and support, and somehow that helped you push through.

When you returned home, Scarlett was waiting for you with open arms. "How did it go?" she asked, a look of concern on her face.

You smiled at her and leaned in for a kiss. "It went well, I think. And even if it didn't, I know that I have you to come home to and that's all that really matters."

Scarlett wrapped her arms around you, holding you close. "I'm proud of you, Y/N. Always."

You felt tears prickling at the corners of your eyes again, but this time they were tears of joy and gratitude. You had the love and support of the most amazing person in the world, and nothing could ever take that away from you.

From that day on, you made a promise to yourself to always remember Scarlett's love and support, even during the most difficult of times. And you knew that, with her by your side, you could conquer anything that life threw your way.