𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏, 𝟐𝟎𝟏8𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐬 𝟏:𝟑𝟕 𝐚𝐦

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏, 𝟐𝟎𝟏8
𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐬
𝟏:𝟑𝟕 𝐚𝐦

"See you had a lot of crooks tryna steal your heart."
Never really had luck, couldn't never figure out."

"How to love, how to-...oh take the back road." I looked over at my twin sister Talia who was driving, her eyes quickly glancing back at me as she turned the radio down.

"You know I don't like taking it at night.." She looked at me with her dark brown eyes before looking back ahead at the street, the turn to the back road coming up ahead.

The "Back road" was a small narrow gravel road in our small town of Haddonfield, a direct route to our house. It was next to a small cliff side that was over the town lake.

You could take the road or go through all the long lights, which were extra long in the hours from 12am to 6am. We usually took it when coming from parties and sometimes football games and school, it wasn't new to us, we grew up taking it.

"Well we always take it so..go. It's faster anyways." I sighed heavily as I adjusted the corset part of my costume and looked back ahead as I turned the radio back up. She sighed heavily, a quiet grumble followed as she took the turn at my request.

We had just left a Halloween party in the city, we barely ever go to Chicago but when we do it's usually a party happening. We had decided to do matching costumes, her as Charlotte and I dressed as Tiana from Princess and the frog.

I stared out of the windshield, the dark sky was empty not a star in sight but the moon shined brightly. The trees went by fast as Talia sped up, wanting to spend as little time on the back road as possible.

I looked out my window as I pulled my jacket on getting cold from the ac, the town lake was glistening under the moonlight. It was so pretty that night.

"I'm surprised you didn't get drunk..usually I have to drive." I chuckled a little looking back over at Talia who smiled and shook her head.

"I didn't feel like waking up feeling like my head was about to explode tomorrow." She laughed as she started to slow down, her smile fading away slowly.