𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟒

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠, 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙮.

"Melia, wake up." She felt someone shake her shoulder hard, a soft groan escaping her lips as she turned the other way.

"Zaira Melia Carter..get the fuck up." Jeshon yanked her comforter away, smacking her thigh hard. Melia gasped a little as she sat up, snatching her comforter back.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She frustratedly asked while covering herself up, looking at him like he was crazy. She looked at the alarm clock on her bedside table, which was 10:15 am.

"Ya mama want you up, the maids or whatever here and that one nigga. She just wanted you up. They gone though, so it's just me and you." Jeshon explained, an eerie and suspicious look plastered across his face. Melia sighed a little, tuning out his voice as she stood up and strolled past him into the bathroom.

Melia stood in the warm downpour of the shower, beads of water tracing paths down her skin. After she cleansed her face, the cool touch of water refreshed, giving her an extra boost to wake up.

In front of the mirror, her gaze locked onto her reflection, fingers grazing the scar that told tales of battles and resilience, a silent testament across her eye.

Melia hated the way she looked. Her low self-esteem was one of the hardest things she dealt with after that attack. She didn't feel pretty anymore; no matter how many people reassured her, it never worked.

Digging through her makeup drawer, Melia grabbed what she needed to cover it up. Even if she wasn't leaving the house, she, unfortunately, felt the need to keep it covered for her sake.

After she finished, she entered her room and dressed before going downstairs.

"You missed me?" Jeshon walked up behind Melia as she headed into the kitchen. She ignored him, grabbing a single bottle of orange juice and walking off.

"Zai, come on, you still mad?" He followed her as she went into the backyard, going to her same little area. Across the way, she could see Von tending to some yard work with his back turned to them.

"Leave me the fuck alone," Melia spoke quietly, sitting down in a chair.

"Nah, cause why are you acting like this? If you wanted in"

"Jeshon, get the fuck away from me." She spoke a little louder, a smile appearing on his face as he sat with her. Melia turned away from him as she tried her hardest to ignore him.

"Zaira..come on. I know you wanna-"

"No, I don't! You're weird as fuck..whatever you and Talia had going on I...I don't want it." She muttered, Jeshon rolling his eyes as he looked off.

Von stood up and pulled his shirt off after getting hot, his dreads pulled back. He turned around, wiping sweat from his forehead, finally noticing the two across the yard sitting there.

"She liked it. You just jealous, wishing it was you and shit, and she said it herself." Jeshon grumbled under his breath, then shrugged, which annoyed Melia.

"Can you just leave me the fuck alone! She never said that." Melia shouted as she stood up from the chair, Jeshon standing with her. She attempted to walk past him, but unfortunately for her, Jeshon decided to be a nuisance and repeatedly blocked her path.

"Nah, stop being in denial." He walked up to her, Melia feeling the anger in her rising.

"Get away, Jeshon, get the fuck away!" She shoved him back hard, and he grabbed her wrists, holding them tightly as he pushed her back into the window behind them.