𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟏

𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟕 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕

"Bitch." Dayvon grunted as his punch landed, an unsettling crunching noise came from the man's nose he was fighting. The strobing white party lights above and the flash of over 30 people's phones lighting him up.

"Von move!" Some girl ran over, pulling him back but it didn't stop him, his fist swinging at her as well landing right in her mouth. She screamed, stumbling back as people gasped; one by one the flashes of their cameras disappeared.

"Police hands up! Now!" Two officers shouted as they ran toward Dayvon who was still attacking the man who was now unconscious due to his forceful blows.

"Hands up now!" They yelled again, Dayvon didn't hear them though, lost in his own world.

Out of no where he felt a stinging and tingling sensation in his back. He fell over with a low groan as they tased him, acting like he was in so much pain but really he didn't mind it.

"Oh fuck, it's this kid again." The one officer said as he dug his knee into Dayvon's back handcuffing him and standing him up right. He didn't try to fight them off or anything, knowing he would be out soon.

They dragged him out of the party and threw him in the backseat of their car before climbing in. They weren't even arresting him, this was a routine with Dayvon; most times they would just notify his mother to come pick him up from the station.

"I'm so tired of seeing his fucking face." The officer in the driver seat huffed as he pulled off, heading towards the nearby station.

"These fucking niggas can never just sit their asses down." Officer Smith tried to say in a low grumble but Von heard it, his eyebrows furrowed as he sat up some more in his seat.

Officer smith was a tall, fat and bald white man who has dealt Dayvon a total of five times in the last 2 years. He was known for being racist, Dayvon having plenty of racial slurs and profiling thrown at him throughout the years from these cops.

Once they got to the station Dayvon was taken in and went through the same whole process he went through millions of times by now. They threw him in a holding cell after he got his call. He spent a few hours there while everything processed.

"Boy, when is you gon get your shit together? I just know yo mama is tired." Another cop familiar with Von approached him as he sat on the small metal bench in the cell.

He looked up just giving him a glance before he rolled his eyes looking off towards the door of the building as it swung open with so much force.

"Daquan I am so FUCKING tired of bailing you the fuck out!" His mother shouted as she walked in, an angry and disappointed glare coming from her as she looked at her son.

"Oop middle name she real mad today." The same officer, a black man named Charles chuckled as he started to unlock the cell door.

"One of these days, someone not gon be scared to press charges and you won't be able to get out Von." Tasha huffed as he approached her with a smirk, his hands, still covered in dried blood as he tucked them into the pockets of his sweatpants.

They left soon after, going straight home, Dayvon knowing another long unwanted lecture from his mother was coming.

"Why won't you just stop? It's almost a daily thing with you Dayvon! Week after week I'm hearing that you got into some mess with someone." She verbalized loudly, walking back and forth in front of him as he sat down on the couch.

"You are 19 years old..it's time to make something of yourself. I am so tired of this back and forth nonsense with you. I don't know when these violent outbursts started and I'm ashamed that I didn't find out or catch the signs sooner but it's not too late to change." She stopped and sat down beside him, waiting for a reply or anything but got nothing.