Chapter 9: Being Held Hostage by a (soon to be) Burnt Chicken

Y/N's POV

I took out the present that was given to me by Codec from my inventory. It was a (favourite colour) bag with a silver coloured rope handle, it's the type of bag that they would give you as a birthday gift, Christmas present, or any other occasion. I opened up to see a few items that I recognized. The items inside were, (earphones/headphones), (comfort items), and a pillow.

'These items were what I had back in my old world!' I thought as I stashed the items safely in my inventory.

Now what? there's nothing to do now. I could bother Chishiya, but he already has too much of the spotlight due to the author's favouritism toward him. Kuina, I didn't ask where her room was but I'll ask either her or Chishiya later. I could talk to Ann but she could be busy and Aguni, I'm not sure if we are close enough, but I still want to be his friend. Though I'm not exactly sure where he could be, he could be with Hatter in the (meeting?) room, but they might be doing important business. Maybe I'll just have a cocktail from a bar, but... there are people there, a lot of people.

I decided that go to the bar to get a cocktail/mocktail (your pick). I haven't been there yet where everyone is. It's kind of strange that anyone rarely comes to the kitchen. I should ask Kuina or Ann for directions to the bar. I made my way toward Ann's room.

*Knock Knock*

"Hey, Ann, are you there?" I called out.

There was silence before hearing footsteps from inside the room, approaching closer to the door. The door opened, revealing Ann.

"Y/N, it's been a while," she said

"Yep, it was, sorry that we didn't spend time much," I replied sheepishly.

"No, it's ok, I was pretty busy the past few days, anyway what do you need?"

"Would you like to accompany me to the bar as compensation?" I asked.

"I would love to." She smiled

"Well, please lead the way, then."

She walked to where the bar is as I trailed behind her. There was a sign that pointed at the bar. We entered inside, greeted by the smell of alcohol and sweat with the music blaring throughout the club. Which doesn't smell good, but we're going in there anyway. We walk through the crowd of sweaty bodies until we reached the bar. We sat down on the cushion stools and ordered our drinks.

"I would like one red wine, please," Ann asked the bartender before turning to me.

"What would you like, Y/N?" she asked.

"I would like a (mocktail/cocktail)!" (if anyone is wondering what a mocktail is, it's a cocktail without alcohol.)

The bartender nodded and went to work on our drinks. While we were waiting, we caught up with each other, saying how our days have been going, and all that kinds of basic conversations until she had to use the bathroom.

"Y/N, just wait for our drinks. I'll be right back," she said before going into the crowd.

While she was in the bathroom, I nodded and waited for our drinks. As the bartender made drinks, I sighed and looked at his back. I saw that he was physically sweating as I continue to stare at his back. I looked away, hearing a sigh of relief. My eyes wandered into the crowd to see most of the people either drinking or dancing. I was enjoying my company of myself until a familiar dude sat down beside the one seat next to me. Aw, shit, it's Niragi. I tried to look unbothered by the individual by looking down at the table until the bartender gave me the drinks that I ordered.

"Well well, if it isn't the new player." He said tauntingly.

"Oh, hi." I awkwardly replied

"Here are drinks." The bartender placed the drinks in front of me. I thanked him and place the drinks on the table.