Chapter 29: Sneaking off to save the Homies

[1 DAY LEFT UNTIL ARISU COMES INTO THE BORDERLANDS]

3rd perspective

Y/N was packing some essential stuff into their inventory, just casually 'borrowing' more things from the places. The notification on their phone alerted them that Arisu was coming to the borderlands tomorrow, which had them panicked. They stole a tool or two from Tatta (Tatta: *Confused about why some of his tools were missing*), anyways, they were wondering if it was possible to leave the Beach, so they could help Arisu save his friends but immediately crossed it out since they did not have those close connections with Hatter like in the fanfics. They decided it was pretty much out of their hands since it was basically impossible to leave this place without getting spotted by Militant.

'But, wasn't my wish to save them all? So I either risk my life and ask Hatter to let me go or just wait here while I'll let them die. Stupid hard decisions.'

"I mean... I do have connections with An and Aguni but I believe that it's least likely they'll convince Hatter to let me go, plus, they might be suspicious of my intentions" They thought to themself out loud. They sighed, they wondered if they had any sort of plot armour since they had this high-tech phone with some functions that would be considered OP.

"Hey CODEC?" Y/N called out, and a hologram of a digital face appeared in front of them.

"Yes, User Y/N" The robotic voice replied.

"Do I have plot armour?" Y/N pondered

"Well, I believe so but not as much as the main character!" Codec chimed

"Huh, how much of it do I have?" Y/N questioned.

"You currently have: 20% of the plot armour" Codec dinged.

"That's not much... what can I even do with that?"

"Let's see, the main character is unable to die since, he IS the main character. In your case, you have a 50/50 chance of living or dying within any game no matter what suit or difficulty it is."

"Is that all?"

"Nope! You just have to find the rest out yourself!" Codec said in a happy tone.

"Why can't you tell me now?"

"For drama and to make this more interesting" Y/N just stared at the hologram with a 'Are you serious, my brutha?' look.

"Okay... how likely is it for me to convince Hatter to let me go out of the Beach with my so-called plot armour?"

"The probability is 10%" Codec dinged

"Ah, so it was hopeless after all, I'm not surprised with the result since I don't interact with him much."

"But, there is something I could do"

"What?"

"Well, you said you wish to save the main cast right? Well, I could just brainwash him a bit so he could allow you to leave"

"You... can do that?"

"Sure"

"That's helpful but does the brainwashing wear off, once I leave here?"

"Don't worry, we'll erase his and witnesses' memories of you leaving the Beach so no one knows you left! Well, unless there are some people you want to notify?" Codec questioned

"Well, I think it's better without anyone remembering I was here in the first place, maybe, I don't have to confront him and just sneak off?"

"Maybe, it's your choice really"

"Do their memories return once I come here with Arisu and possibly the rest of the gang?"

"Of course, I'm not that cruel, plus, all that effort would've gone to waste" The digital face held a smile plastered on it's 'face'.

"Alright, I decided that I will sneak off without confronting Hatter, it'll probably be easier."

"Welp, good luck User on your adventure! I'll start the memory wipe once you get out of the Beach safely!" Codec beeped happily as the hologram disappeared.

'Well, this is gonna be great, I have enough food to last me almost a year so that's cool, I kinda feel bad for leaving them here but I can't risk any more suspicion' Y/N thought as they were determined to save the trio (and probably Shibuki) from death. They put their backpack in their inventory and began their mission: to sneak out inconspicuously. They walked to the sides of the builder where there was a free opening. They looked back at the building with a bit of guilt in the pit of their stomach.

"I swear, I'll be back" They uttered as they quickly ran out of the "safety" of the Beach.

[Memory wipe in process]

A/N: thought this would be a good cliffhanger, that's why it's a bit short.