Chapter 4.1: Savoury!

[You chose Savory food!]

Savoury food it is!

I proceeded to work on the savoury food that I had in mind, Shakshouka from Israel!

Aguni's POV

I felt my stomach rumble in hunger, I sighed as I made my way to the kitchen to get a quick snack. I draw near to the kitchen, I smelt something. I sniffed the air, It smells really good, My feet quickened in pace as I made my way toward the kitchen to find the source of that nice smell.

Y/N's POV

I drooled slightly at the aroma that waft through the air due to the seasonings I put in it. I heard a grumble, I looked up to see Aguni, awkwardly standing there.

"Uh, hi?"

"What are you cooking?"

"Breakfast."

"Oh."

He just stares at the breakfast I was preparing.

"You want some?"

He nods a little

"Alright, but you are gonna help me cook because I already ate the rest, do you mind?"

"I don't mind."

"Ok then, go wash your hands in the sink and we will get to cooking!" I grinned gleefully

3rd person

Aguni had a little trouble with some things but it was alright. Y/N was in charge of cooking the food, and Aguni was in charge of chopping the necessary ingredients. As Aguni was finished chopping, Y/N instructed him to pour the bell pepper and onions into the large pan, so he did. Aguni watched as Y/N cooked, for him, it was mesmerizing the way they cooked it. Aguni was snapped out of his daze as he heard Y/N call for him to add the garlic and spices, he oblige and did as they said.

As they were busy, both of them were unaware that they attract another person to the kitchen. This certain person was Ann, she wanted to check up on how Y/N was doing and looked for them in their room but it was empty. Ann then remembered how Y/N wanted to go to the kitchen and cook there, so she went to the next spot Y/N would possibly be. What she didn't expect was Aguni to be there with them, cooking.

"Aguni? What are you doing in here?" Ann said in a pointed tone

"Just cooking food with the newbie." He replied

"Yep, he is just helping me with a dish!" Y/N confirmed

"Can I see what you are cooking? I would like to help in any way I can."

"Oh ok! could you get the fresh tomatoes at the back?"

"Sure." She went to the back of the kitchen and retrieved the tomatoes quickly.

"Aguni, could you please chop the tomatoes into quarters?"

"Sure."

Both Aguni and Ann got to work quickly, Y/N poured the tomatoes into the pan and broke them down into pieces as Ann seasoned the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Y/N took a whiff at the dish and drooled.

"That smells so good."

Both Ann and Aguni nodded in agreement.

Y/N made little wells in the sauce and cracked the eggs into each well. They covered it with the lid and set the timer to 8 minutes. Y/N decided to observe the two characters in front of them.

'an idealist and a militant, what an odd duo.' Y/N thought

"So Ann, I never got to know what your occupation was before the borderlands."

"I was a forensic scientist."

"Ah, I see."

"Do you have a favourite food or drink?"

"I prefer some good coffee."

"I see, how about you Aguni?"

"Anything is fine."

"oh ok." Y/N took a mental note of Ann's and Agni's preferences

The timer rang throughout the kitchen. Y/N got up and went toward the pan and lifted the lid, warm and welcoming air gently hit their face.

"It's ready~" they sang as they put it on a table that was near the kitchen. Ann and Aguni prepared the plates and utensils and put them on the plate.

"Thank you for the food!" we all said as we dug in.

Aguni's POV

I took the first bite of the dish that I, Hatter's ally, and the rookie have made. I felt a sense of comforting warmth spread across my body. The feeling within me felt so foreign yet familiar at the same time, I thought I would forget this feeling forever, but the food gave me a sense of being...

Full.

I shovelled the food down my throat, I choked on my food. I coughed harshly as I hit my chest so the food could be processed properly. I saw a glass of water offered to me, I looked up to see the rookie offering me a concerned smile.

"Here, drink this!"

I nod my head at them, saying thanks as I chugged down the glass in one go. I sighed in satisfaction.

"Well seems like we all finished the food huh?" The newbie beamed

"Thank you, that was a lovely breakfast, Y/N." Ann offered the rookie a genuine smile.

"Your welcome!" the rookie beamed happily

"Yes, thank you," I said

"Ah, I believe that I have matters to attend to," Ann announced

"Me too," I added

"Alright see ya!"

We all went our own ways.

Savory route done!