Chapter 32: A Plan part

TW: a mildly disturbing description of people's deaths.

3rd perspective

"It's no use, All the IC chips have been destroyed," Chota said as he looked down at the items before him.

"That does make sense..." Y/N said, in deep thought.

"By the way, we need to hunt for some food," Arisu said.

"Nah, no need, I have food in my bag!" Y/N offered.

"You sure? We might be taking your whole supply of food..." Arisu said worriedly.

"Nah, it's alright, I can just make more." They waved him off dismissively.

"Thank you, Y/N" Chota smiled at them gratefully as Y/N smiled.

"Just let me get my bag, call Shibuki and Karube that it's time for us to eat," Y/N said, as they were about to get up from the bed, Chota rushed over to the other side and helped them get up. Y/N thanked him as they went to their bag and brought it to the kitchen.

Shibuki and Karube returned, seeing that they had already set the food.

"You all can dig in. I made this food recently," Y/N said, they all took a bite, lighting up as soon as the food made contact with their taste buds.

"Wow! This is so good!" Chota praised as he was chowing down on his food quickly, Y/N rubbed their nape sheepishly.

"Really? Thanks."

"Ah, this is the best food I've tasted in a long time " Karube sighed in satisfaction as the food glided against his tastebuds.

"I'm glad you like it," Y/N said as they began to eat their portion. The group chatted about what they were doing before all this.

"So what were you all doing? Before everyone disappeared?" Shibuki questioned.

"Three of us were in the restroom," Karube answered.

"We were talking in the same cubicle" Chota added.

"And you, Y/N?" Shibuki curiously peered at the (h/c)nette.

"I was asleep when it happened." They shrugged, and the four nodded understandingly.

"What about you?" Karube questioned Shibuki. She stared at him, hesitating slightly from answering. Y/N secretly gave Shibuki a knowing look, already knew what she truly was doing before.

"Work." She paused before continuing to speak.

"I was inside the meeting room, organizing the work materials. Then, everyone disappeared from the office." She said that's where she was flawed in her logic, as far as Y/N could tell, the disappearances would often happen if the person or people were within a closed space that separated them from the rest of the crowd.

"Did you see or hear anything?" Arisu asked, Shibuki shook her head as she looked down to avoid his gaze.

"I..don't remember. Three days ago, I arrived at this place and was made to join the game out of nowhere, like everyone else. Everyone died except for me..." Shibuki said almost in a distant tone as she recalled her memory from her first time in the borderlands.

"You used them all as bait?" Karube scoffed.

"Say what you want. I... just want to survive." She replied, her eyes held a distant look to them. Everyone was quiet as they all felt the atmosphere shifted into a more uncomfortable one. Arisu broke the silence by speaking up.

"What game was it?" Arisu asked.

"It was a game that had poisonous gas... everyone was vomiting blood... blood was even flowing out of their..." Y/N decided to tune out of the conversation, not liking how Shibuki was going into detail about the people with her in the game and their deaths. Y/N felt that their appetite faded away. The room was silent once more for a moment until Arisu spoke up once more.