Chapter 24: I Love You

[5 days until Arisu arrives at the Borderlands]

Kuina's POV

I snuggled into the warm embrace that enveloped me, I opened my eyes half-lidded being greeted by the sight of Y/N still sleeping with a peaceful expression. I smiled as I admired them, kissing them gently on the forehead. How did I get so lucky? I cuddled them gently, soaking into the moment a little before a loud knock came from the door. I carefully exited their warm embrace, trying not to disturb their sleep. I tiptoed towards the door and peeked through the door's peephole to see Niragi there.

I sighed gently, opened the door, and Niragi's face lit up slightly before returning to its neutral look, seeing that it was just me. I sent him an unimpressed look.

"You could've woke up Y/N, hoe" I glared

"Nevermind that, what are you doing in their room?" Niragi glared at me back.

"None of your business"

"It is now"

"What do you even want from Y/N?" I questioned

"I just came to see them before I do my rounds" Niragi replied

"Fine, I'll let you see them, I just need to wake them up" I begrudgingly opened the door for Niragi and closed it behind them. I went over to Y/N's sleeping form, gently shaking them, and making Y/N stir a little before opening their eyes. Y/N's gaze went to Niragi's form, they shot him a questioning look.

"What are you doing here?" Y/n raised an eyebrow at him.

"Just wanted to see you before I patrol the hotel" he shrugged

"Oh ok, Have a good patrol, then" Y/N smiled at him softly yet tiredly, making them seem endearing. "Yeah yeah" he waved them off but felt his cheeks warm at the sight. He walked out leaving Kuina and Y/N by themselves, Y/N turned to Kuina and smiled.

"Hey Kuina, could you step out of the room so I can change?" Y/N asked.

"Sure, like outside your room?" I asked

"Yep," I nodded and obliged their request, going outside.

3rd perspective

As soon as Kuina left the room, Y/n began to make themselves look presentable. A ding came from the safe that Y/N hid, they walked over and entered the passcode and took it out.

9+ new updates The screen readout, Y/n scrolled onto the device seeing that there were new updates like the relationships with each character and other stuff.

"Huh, I almost forgot this" Y/N muttered before shrugging it off and putting the phone in their pocket for later purposes. They got up and opened the door for Kuina.

"Let's make something today?" Y/N smiled at Kuina as he nodded in agreement.

"Mhm! Is it sweet or savoury?" Kuina asked

"Eh, let's do savoury this time"

"Like what?"

"I'll let you know when we get to the kitchen!" Y/N smiled, as both of them left the room and walked to the kitchen. Y/N decided that they wanted to listen to music. They took out earphones/headphones and scrolled through their phone until they tapped on the type of music they wanted to listen to. Kuina looked at the phone at them with curiosity.

"I thought phones can't function here?" Kuina stated.

"Well, I noticed that when I came into the Borderlands but when I wanted to test it, unexpectedly, it worked, somehow..." Y/N lied, hoping that Kuina would buy their lie.

"Oh, makes sense, I noticed that Chishiya listens to music on his phone, maybe because there is a signal here?" Thankfully she did.

"Now, what are we gonna make?" Kuina asked.

"Hm... I was craving (Savour food you like)" Y/N said

"Sure!" They proceeded to get the necessary ingredients to make the things. Kuina carried the necessary equipment we needed as I was the one getting the ingredients.

"Let's get started!"

~30 minutes later~

"That was fun" Kuina smiled happily as she munched on the food that we made.

"I agree, thanks for accompanying me" Y/N smiled

"You're welcome!" Kuina kissed Y/N's cheek, making them heat up as a loving look made its way to Y/N's face as they did the same to her. They stared at each other, enamoured by each other as they subconsciously leaned in. Y/N was the first to initiate it, they planted their lips against Kuina's, earning a small gasp of surprise from her. Soon enough, Kuina began to melt into the kiss, wrapping her arms around Y/N causing goosebumps to appear on Y/N's arms, Y/N pulled Kuina closer to them, pressing their bodies against each other. Time felt slow as they both were in each other's arms, the moment was too precious to let go as their lips mold perfectly with each other's.

Unfortunately, they had to break the kiss for air as they panted softly, looking at each other with wide eyes. Love and uncertainty bloomed in their hearts as neither of them was able to form words. Finally, one of them spoke:

"Are we moving too fast?" Y/N said, looking at Kuina's face.

"I-I'm not sure... I've never been in a relationship before..." Kuina said her voice barely above a whisper.

"I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"For kissing you when you clearly weren't ready," Y/N said, thinking that they crossed the line.

"No no, it's okay... I liked the kiss" Kuina smiled softly at Y/N

"Really...?"

"Yeah, it just surprised me, plus I didn't think my first kiss would come so soon" Kuina sheepishly smiled

"Wait, that was your first kiss..." Y/N said

"Yeah..."

"I should've done it some place special then!" Y/N panicked, Kuina chuckled and put her hand over theirs to calm them a little.

"Y/N, being with you IS what made it special" Kuina said, being Y/N's hand up to her lips to kiss it.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"USFDBWWDN-" It was that moment Y/N passed out.

Bonus:

Y/N: *Chaotic person*

Kuina: *the other chaotic partner*