Chapter 27: Hol' up, why are they meeting each other so early?

[2 days before Arisu arrives at the Borderlands]

Y/N's POV

"I'm impressed" An commented, the sounds of music and cheering blaring over her voice as she took a sip of her wine.

"Uh, thanks?" I replied with a puzzled look

"It seems like you're unaware of what you achieved"

"What do you mean?"

"It's nice that you have a relationship, it's making me a little jealous." She smiled somberly.

"Of what?" I asked.

"Nevermind, are you going to tonight's game?" An asked out of the blue, purposely avoiding my question.

"Well, probably, I need to add more days to my visa," I answered

"I am going too, there is a chance that we might be in the same game"

"Cool, we should probably sober up a little, we can't exactly afford anything to affect our gameplay."

"That is true, though, one wine isn't enough to make me drunk, I can hold my liquor surprisingly well"

"Better safe than sorry, right?" I shrugged.

"Fair enough" She discarded her and my drinks somewhere before ordering water from the bar.

We quickly drank our drinks and prepared ourselves in separate rooms. I put on some practical clothes and joined An in the lobby along with Kuin- Hikari and Shuntarou, I'm still not used to calling them by their first name. I greeted both of them, Hikari immediately hugged me tightly while Chishiya just gave her a weird look.

"My love! Every minute without you makes me miss you more!" She nuzzled my cheek.

"You literally saw them like an hour ago." Shuntarou deadpanned

"Shut up, Chishiya, you're just jealous that I can openly express my love for them when you can't"

"I can express my love, just not as desperate looking as you're displaying"

"Bitch you better square up cus' you're gonna catch these hands-" I held Hikari back as she attempted to lunge at Shuntarou, who was, by the way, completely looked amused by her actions.

"Kuina, I think it's advisable to not fight in public" An stated as she looked at Kuina.

"If Y/N and An weren't here, you would've been six feet under," Hikari said as she glared at Chishiya. They should be separated for a while.

"I'm absolutely petrified" he monotonously said as he went over to lean on my side, I sweatdropped by his attitude.

"Stop bickering and An, aren't you suppose to be up there with the rest of the executives?" I looked at her curiously.

"Hm, yes but I find it much better if I spend time with you" She smiled at me which made me a little flustered. I rubbed my nape sheepishly at her words.

3rd perspective

"Huh..." Chishiya stared at An with curiosity making her raise an eyebrow.

"Is there something you want to discuss, Chishiya?"

"No, was just thinking about something" Chishiya brushed her off making An eye him suspiciously.

Chishiya was suspecting that An liked Y/N too, after all, she was also seen hanging around Y/N when they weren't too busy. But it didn't actually bother him, he couldn't care any less.

The crowd quietened down as soon as Hatter came up to the balcony where he would usually stand and gave his speech. Most were intently listening to the speech while some others just didn't exactly care about his speech since he did this so many times.

"Doesn't he get tired of giving a speech to everyone every night" Y/N whispered to Chishiya.

"Not sure, I don't know how he keeps up with his facade constantly"

"If that were me, I wouldn't bother doing a speech"

"Well, he does have to get the people going in order for them to like him"

"true"

Once Hatter finished his speech the people began to chant his name as if to hype him up. Y/N took the piece of paper and turned to the male next to them.

"What did you get?"

"4"

"I got 6"

"Hope you survive the game, if you can" Chishiya smirked making Y/N scoff and shoved his shoulder playfully.

"Fuck you"

"I wouldn't mind that" Chishiya smirked as he walked off to the car, leaving Y/N speechless.

"Tch, smug bastard" Kuina scoffed

"Kuina what did you get?"

"6! I got a game with you!" Kuina said

"Nice, Ann?"

"I got 3"

"Alright, I'll see you later...?" it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"We'll see" She smiled curtly as she went to her car.

"Welp Kuina, it's just you and me-"

"Don't tell me you've forgotten me already, Chef?" A cocky voice called out, Y/N turned towards the source of the voice, Niragi. Y/N sighed before rolling their eyes.

"Well, not my fault you stood with the rest of the executives," Y/N said

"True but I had to do it"

"Anyways Niragi what number do you have?" Y/N asked curiously.

"Eh, same as you"

"Oh! Okay shall we go then, I don't think we should stall any longer" Y/N linked arms with Niragi and Kuina and basically dragged them to the car. They all chatted with each other until they arrived at the venue, it looked like an abandoned park. It was fairly large and the overgrown grass was thick to the point that you can't see the actual ground level. Y/N looked around and spotted someone familiar in the crowd, it's Usagi!

"Eh? Usagi?" Y/N called out to her, making Usagi look back and smiled, jogging towards Y/N.

"Ah Y/N! It's nice seeing you again." Usagi said happily.

'Wait a minute, isn't it too early for them to meet Usagi? Does this affect the plot drastically or...?' Y/N questioned mentally. They weren't sure if they all played the same game since the TV show nor the manga explored all of the games in The Borderlands.

"Me too, how have you been?" Y/N smiled nervously.

"Pretty alright, who are your friends?" Usagi asked, glancing at Kuina and Niragi behind them.

"Oh, the lovely lady is Hikari Kuina and the man here is named Suguru Niragi" Y/N introduced.

"Nice to meet you, Usagi!" Kuina greeted her happily while Niragi just stared at her silently.

"Nice to meet you too" Usagi returned the gesture politely.

"Alright, guess we have to wait until the game starts, huh?" Y/N asked rhetorically.

A/N: Now, how the hell did the main casts meet so early than what was in the plot originally? Comment your theories!

Unedited