Ch. 13

An arm had snaked around their waist, and their tear-filled eyes made eye contact with wide indigo eyes. They were pulled back safely on the balcony and was quickly pulled inside the apartment by their brother who squashed them in his arms.

"You idiot... You're an absolute idiot," he muttered in their ear as they had limply stayed in his arms unsure of what to do or think; Al-Haitham was willingly hugging them? Since when did Al-Haitham ever show affection? And why now?

"What are you even doing here Haitham?" He pushed himself away from the hug, and looked down at them his eyes were frantic and filled with tears, "Are you serious right now Y/n?" A look of absolute disbelief crossed their brother's face as he glanced down at them, "Why are you like this Y/n? What even happened?"

Y/n's eyes had met their brother's, the tears in his eyes long had dried up as they muttered to him, "Mom disowned me for not helping her and dad."

Al-Haitham's grip on their shoulders loosened as he stared into their eyes, "Did you even know Mother gambled away our childhood home? Or did she ever tell you Grandma died?" Now that was news to Al-Haitham; their grandma had died? And their parents planned to keep it a secret from him?

"You're lying," he muttered as he retracted their hands from him, from the couch Mona watched not caring to mind her own business, before she was pulled from by her arm and escorted to her room by Mika who in turned went into his own room. Scaramouche had long gone into Y/n's room to let the siblings talking, not wanting to really listen in on their one-on-one until his darling came back to their room.

"Haitham, I'm not, why don't you just call mom? You want to ask her to make her tell you herself? Then be my guest, I can assure you, I would never lie to you like she ever did," Y/n had muttered before heading towards their room, leaving Al-Haitham staring at the spot where his sibling once stood in disbelief.

A trembling hand had slipped into his pocket as he fished out his phone, unlocking it and going to his contacts to phone his mother seemed to go so slowly, his body was heavy all over. One ring, two rings after the third ring, the phone was answered. "Haitham! You've finally called! I need you to go and-" before the woman was able to speak any further, she was interrupted.

"Is grandma... Is she actually dead?" The line was silent as Al-Haitham let a small cry fall past his lips; it was true, Y/n was telling the truth... "Did Y/n finally tell you then?" He blinked away his tears and he felt himself fall onto the couch behind him. "When were you going to tell me? When is her funeral?"

Deathly silence filled his ear as he tried to listen in for anything, "It already happened... Last month," a sob raked through his body, the woman he loved so dearly, the one who took care of him night and day when he was a child was dead? He didn't even get to say bye as they buried her or cremated her. He wasn't there for any of it cause he wasn't told.

"Why didn't Y/n tell me sooner?" His eyes darted to the door away from him; Y/n's room. "We told them not to tell you so that you could focus on your studies Al-Haitham... You need to keep studying and do better, so you won't end up like your father or me. Do better than us, we lost the house and moved into an apartment because of our addictions."

So, everything Y/n had said was true? Is that why they never seek out Al-Haitham or try to get close with him? So, can he only focus on being the best? "Did you ever help Y/n pay for their tuition?" No words from his mother, "So, every time Y/n was never home, and you didn't know where they were, they were working? Slaving away to earn money just to get their education? Why help me? I should've gotten a job, not them!"

"You deserved it, you earned it. You had the best, you did the best, they didn't do as much as you. So what if we didn't help them? They're there now so why does it matter now?" Al-Haitham felt his blood boiling in his veins, this woman, his own mother? Why is she so different from what he remembers?

"Is this what Y/n had to bear through when growing up with you? Degrading words? Feeling nothing but fury instead of love from the people that brought them into this world? What is wrong with you!?" Al-Haitham felt his grip on his phone tighten, his teeth clenching as his eyes glared at the ground below him.

"You're just as disrespectful as that child! Stay away from them they are tainting you with their bad intentions Al-Haitham!" Fury was the only thing he could feel right down to his core, his heart was beating loudly in his ears, his eyes could practically burn holes in the floor. "Y/n has been nothing but an obedient and good child, why are you being like this to them?"

Desperate for an answer and no longer wanting to speak to his mother, he felt his heart shatter," Stop disrespecting me like that idiot child of mine, or you will be disowned just like them you idiot! Do you want the same? Is that what you wish for Al-Haitham!?"

His heart thumped loudly in his chest, his hands trembling as he clenched his phone with a force that felt as if he could crush it, "You disowned them? Why? What did they even do to you?" The line was silent, did that woman no longer have any more words to say? "I don't want either of you coming home ever. You two are no longer my children, so stay out of our lives child."

Al-Haitham scoffed as he pulled the phone from his ear and glanced down at them phone, "With pleasure, don't seek for us. And if we ever are successful, then don't bother to contact us either, you had multiple chances to make amends, to apologize, to rekindle. But you are way too proud mother."

"I don't care anymore, if I need money, I'll just take it from your inheritance that from your grandma had anyways," his eyes widened as the phone clicked after a moment, inheritance... That could help both him and Y/n! His eyes glanced towards his sibling's door before shuffling in front of it.

His hand was raised to knock, only to hear cries from the other side. Biting his lip as he let his hand hit against the door softly to catch the attention of those on the other side.

wc: 1183

Well, at least the siblings finally made amends, right? What do you think happening in Y/n's room with their boyfriend?

as always pls vote to help my motivation <3