Ch. 10

tw- death (no major charaters) and hospitals

The whether was heavy today, grey(or gray) clouds hung heavily in the sky, water droplets dropping to the earth softly. It was the perfect day to take a nap right after class. Y/n glanced at their new boyfriend, Scaramouche with flushed cheeks. 

Well, Kunikuzushi, as he requested for them to call him now. They shook their head to rid of all their thoughts and looked at their blond professor who was going on and on about something with the new band of thug called Abyss Order around the area of their campus. 

Y/n sighed as they rested their hand against their cheek feeling their phone vibrate in their pocket, they used the power button to stop the buzzing. Glancing outside a window to see the rain poring more, they felt their phone vibrated once more and glanced at the clock. 

They pulled their phone from their pocket and looked at the number, they got up about a few minutes before the class was going to end and waved to their professor who still went on about the Abyss Order while answering the call. 

"Hello?" They could hear some papers being moved on the other line, and multiple people in the background, "Is this Y/n L/n?" The voice was firm and a little monotoned, their hand clenched around their phone a feeling of dread crawling up their spine. "Yes, that's me, what's the issue?" The person sighed in relief or in dread, Y/n couldn't decipher it. 

"I regret to inform you of your grandmother, G/n L/n's passing. We are at..." Y/n couldn't listen anymore as their phone slipped from their grasp as they felt their body feel heavy all over. Their heart pounded loudly in their ear as they glance down at the phone on the floor, the person on the other line still talking. 

They could faintly hear the things around them, like a bell ringing, then the hallway flooding with a vast amount of people. Their heart pounded loudly as they felt their body slowly reach for the phone on the ground next to them. "Hey, hey! Are you okay!? Do you need medical assistance?" 

Y/n's mouth was dry as they opened it to speak, "Where... Where did you say she is at...?" The person let out a sigh of relief, "We're located just on the edge of Liyue and Sumeru, the place is called Bubu Memorial Hospital. See you soon L/n," they person said as they ended the call with a soft click. 

Y/n felt a bit out of it as they walked to their dorm slowly, even in the rain, everything seemed to move slowly for them. Staggering the whole way, they made it, while dragging in water from the downpour, Mona shouted at them, but her face contorted into a face of worry seeing their expression. "Y/n...?" 

Their eyes glanced as her as they straightened up and quickly rushed to the bathroom with a soft slam of the door. After they made it inside they grabbed a towel and dried themself before turning on the water, if they were going to the hospital after getting rained on, they were definitely going to take a shower. 

As soon as they finished, they heard a low buzzing, and looked towards their phone, before unlocking it. A message from their mother made them feel dread crawl up their spine as they read it silently to themself. 

Mother- You are not to tell Al-Haitham of what happened. If you do you won't ever come back home ever. 

Mother- We also need you to pay some expenses seeing as me and your father have very little money 

Mother- And make sure to not to ask any questions of your Grandmother's will when you get here