Prologue

Expectations; it was difficult to be free, do as you please, have fun, be yourself when others have peering eyes. Judgmental, hypocritical, envious, irritation, admiration; no matter how the eyes peered, it would always make someone feel disgusted right down to their core if they knew of the eyes on them.

Displeased, distraught, caged, they felt nothing but negative emotions all their life up until high school. Their semi-popular brother; the smartest kid in school, the one Y/n would always be second to; Al-Haitham, the one Y/n would always be compared to no matter what. No matter how much they did, or how much different the two were; Al-Haitham this, Al-Haitham that. 

The youngest of the L/n family, they wouldn't know how to do as they pleased, as the two siblings grew up and their brother had high achievements, young Y/n was expected to do the same. But they weren't fit to do so, weren't able to keep up, so their family shut them out. They would eat dinner in their room far from the one's that deemed they did it for Y/n's own good. 

Toughen them up, they said, it'll do them good. But their efforts were wasted as Y/n grew lonely and to them self, they had no one to talk to, no one to rant to, they just grew holding in all their emotions, cause who would even bother to hear the words they so badly wanted to scream at the world? 

Having to constantly grow in their brother's shadow made them bitter, no they could never hate their brother, but their parents, their family, themself, everyone... They would never learn and grow to be anything they wanted but what people wanted around them, they won't understand freedom, ever, like a bird in a cage. 

Taunted, they felt... They really were like a bird in a cage, seeing everything around them, but locked up away from the world. Within reach, but still too far to grasp. They felt defeated, they felt like giving up. Tired e/c eyes, drooping with sadness, they had nearly given up; because what was the point anymore? 

Until peering indigo eyes had met theirs one day, a pretty boy with messy dark purple hair, messy clothes, and a camera in hand. His eyes were wide like he had got caught doing something bad, but when Y/n reached out to help him up, he snatched his camera and fled. He was pretty, they'll admit that, but why hadn't they heard about him?

Was he new? How come I've never noticed him before? Oh well... they sighed heavily before turning on their heel and continuing back to class tiredly. It's not like he'll ever help me out this hell hole, no one will... But myself... But how do I even do that...? 

~-~-~

"He's disgusting," was all Scaramouche heard in the halls for no reason as he walked by a group of people. "Just look at the way he dresses; so poor," why couldn't they just leave him alone? They should mind their business, they don't know anything about him. It was near the end of the day; he was cutting class, bored with his camera in hand.

He walked the quiet halls looking at the pictures he had previously taken; people in the way of the perfect shots, dumb blurry pictures, and one with a pretty boy/girl with an ice cream. Wait. He stopped walking and brought the camera closer to his face to see the picture clearer, he knew the person in the picture, but where from?

A person bumped into him, but he clutched his camera close to his chest and maneuvered his body, so he fell on his back. This person that bumped into him, he looked up so quickly ready to complain, but stopped. He felt his heart skip a beat, the same person that was in the picture! His lips parted to at their beauty, their lips were moving but he heard no words.

Scaramouche quickly got up and ran behind a corner, his cheeks reddened by the encounter. They were pretty, Al-Haitham's sibling, what was their name again? He racked his brain for any thoughts of their name, but nothing came up. He peered around the corner to see them walking down the hall in the other direction from him. 

Scaramouche felt his heart clenched as he watched them walk away from his hiding place. They were beautiful, they are the most perfect picture I've ever taken, they most beautiful thing in the world... His face redden at his thoughts, his heart was racing, thumping loudly in his chest, his eyes couldn't leave their figure until it left his view. 

My darling... I will follow you until the ends of this world... My new obsession... 

Tell me what you think, I'll try to at least update this story every week at some point, until then, the schedule is undecided. Tell me if you want more~!