Ch. 25

After the morning mishaps (Y/n nearly going to kill Haypasia) and breakfast at Wanmin Restaurant, Y/n was munching angrily on their snacks while watching some movie on their laptop with their boyfriend in their dorm room; their LED lights set to a low purple. "Can you pass some chips?" Y/n handed over their bag, before Scaramouche slipped out the bed and began to dig under their bed. "You still have your stash?"

They nodded before taking their bag of chips back, "Behind the bed leg," their boyfriend hummed before reaching for the little jar and their rolling tray. "When's the last time you smoked?" Y/n had to think, "Maybe a week ago? I don't recall really," Scaramouche nodded looking into the jar.

"You don't have much, who do you buy from anyways?" Y/n gave their boyfriend a knowing look which he shrugged, "Who else? Kazuha," now the male felt a bit stupid at his question. "I forgot; he smells like naku weed nearly every time I see him."

"If you're gonna smoke go on the balcony," Scaramouche frowned a bit, "You're not going to join me?" Y/n sighed a little, "Hon, I don't have enough snacks for when we both get the munchies," Scaramouche shrugged, "We can go to the corner store in a bit then, I'll pay." Y/n shook their head, "Isn't the campus cafeteria closer?"

"Why can't I just eat you instead?" Y/n slapped their boyfriend's chest lightly with a flustered expression, "No!" He snorted as he reached out for them pressing light kisses to their fingers. "Why not? You didn't complain last time." They rolled their eyes at him a small smile etched onto their lips.

"Because we got cross faded my love, now, how about until the whole thing when my mom is over, we work our asses off? I need to focus more, and you my idiot boyfriend that I love oh so much, you are my biggest distraction," they cupped his face in their hands making his cheeks flush pink.

"And what's the issue with that? All you attention should only ever me on my anyways," Y/n rolled their eyes again and flicked their boyfriend's forehead. "Okay, now you're being a little brat." Just as Scaramouche was going to pounce on them and wrestle with them a bit, their phone rang loudly.

Y/n groaned with a little frustration as their boyfriend laughed at their misery, "Answer it, I'm going to go grab a drink," Y/n nodded as they looked at the called ID, Private Number. With a little frown they answered it before they could even mutter a hello, "Is this Y/n L/n?"

"Who's asking?" A little laugh they heard, "It's Yanfei, I visited you and your brother earlier with Yelan and Albedo. I have a few questions to ask you and a bit of good news too," And now their interests was piqued, "What's the good news Ms. Yanfei?"

"Yelan was able to track down your mother with the help of F/n and she was able to detain her, so she's going to held in custody for the next few hours going through with an iterogation, and if she confesses to anything she'll be held until her court date." Y/n was in complete shock and didn't know whether to feel relieved or happy.

"And what did she get charged with to get her there?" Y/n should hear the faint flipping of papers, "Your mother had been involved with some shady people, and we found out that they are distributing illegal substances, along with human trafficking and a numerous more charges that I am not allowed to disclose."

Their heart was beating in their hears, "And how long will she be locked up for?" Yanfei hummed a bit, "Well, with the human trafficking, she could get up to twenty years max, but then adding on the other charges, and the whole fiasco with you and your brother. Let's say she's looking into about maybe twenty-five to forty years, but she still might be let out early due to the possibility of good behavior."

"Do you know when the court date is?" The line went silent for a second, but then could hear a bit of shuffling and more flipping papers. "Next week Tuesday. Alright now with the questions, okay?"

"Have you collected anything that could be used against your mother in your lawsuit? And has your brother done the same?" All Y/n could do was be quiet, it's not like they could go back to their childhood home and search the place, there was a probably already a family living there. "Not at all, I apologize," Yanfei hummed to herself in thought.

"That's quiet alright. If you want you could just drop that story, and just stick to the inheritance, and there would be evidence already provided, and witnesses to the crime with that since she did withhold it from you and your brother."

"She also forged my grandmother's signature and tried to rewrite the will to try to get my brother and me to sigh over everything to her," Yanfei's eyes widened at the news before scribbling down on her papers. "Is there any evidence of that? Like something you grandmother handwritten to show evidence to forgery?"

"I could ask my brother? He was the closest to her," Yanfei hummed. "No need I'll call him myself, good day L/n," With a little 'you too' they hung up the call and finally their boyfriend returned after a few more minutes of silence.

"So, who was it?" Y/n sat staring into space for a few minutes recalling every bit and piece from the phone call, "My mother got detained and she's being held for questioning. And she's getting charged with distribution of illegal substances and human trafficking."

Even if Scaramouche was little high, he still could feel the wight of their words, "Holy shit. Your mom is bat shit crazy." 

wc- 985

bro i am fucking dying in this heat holy shit, im melting

n e ways chapter cause i forgot to do one last week, like holy shit yall rlly like this short emo midget lmao dnjicbsudbcuibedsw