Ch 7: Bandit Tribe Raid

A/N: Warning ⚠️: This chapter will describe some messy shit and guro. You've been warned ⚠️.

3rd Pov

In Mistral, a Task Force of US Army Rangers, Marines from the 1st Division, Ex-Vietnamese Special Forces now Navy Seals and Former MI6 now CIA operators observed a bandit tribe camp from their perch on the mountain for the next couple of days after meeting SATO.

Using the zoom function on a Tactical Binoculars, William now Army Ranger saw Raven come out of her tent several times. An approaching thunderstorm in the distance made him nod his head at his CO in approval.

Frank(now a Captain & now a Ranger): Let's move. We'll use the rain and thunder to cover any sound we make.

It started to darken a bit as the clouds above rolled blanketed the sky and the day dripped away. The wind blew against their backs. Lightning cracked and illuminated their figure for a quick second. The second strike of lightning revealed their now vacant spot as they slid down the side of the mountain and towards the camp.

David(now a 2nd Lieutenant):*whispering to Anthony* Like sneaking in the mountains of North Korea.

Anthony(also a 2nd Lt):*whispering back* Yeah. But our 2IC was killed by a landmine.*sighs* You think his wife is doing well being a single mother?

David:*whispering* Doubt it.

It took them half an hour, but they eventually got close enough to the camp.

One of the Seals climbed a tree and started to balance himself across the branches that could support his weight. The day started to drip away and he merely scaled the branches while using the cover of darkness to conceal his presence; the camp was in his sights and he stared at the occupants.

He flipped his night vision goggles down and flickered them on and he spotted the next large branch before jumping towards it, spreading his arms out to balance himself before looking at the camp again. The wind gently brushed against the trees and made them sway, he continued to observe the camp for the next hour.

Frank thought of series of scenarios through his head as he contemplated on how to handle this.

Frank:*quietly to himself* Fear would slowly erode their morale bit by bit. Eventually they would be too afraid to do anything and we could neutralize them.

He figured doing this as quietly as possible was key and he heard the sound of thunder in the distance. Looking towards the sky, he could barely see the direction the clouds were heading and sat down on a log.

The clouds above had grown darker and made seeing into the woods nearly pitch black, something they'll use to their advantage.

They had gotten closer to the camp and the one the tree whistled loudly, drawing the attention of a few bandits. They looked at one another before bringing up some flashlights, peering into the darkness. When none of them saw anything, he broke off a nearby branch and threw it onto the ground. This time, they decided to investigate and readied their weapons, carefully peering around.