Ch 23: We the battle, but the war just started

3rd Pov

Back at Beacon.

The defenders at Beacon Academy were engaged in a fierce battle, holding the line against the onslaught of Shadow Company and Atlas troops. As the intensity of the fight continued to escalate, ammunition began to dwindle.

Bob: Keep throwing those grenades! Slow them down as much as I'd hoped!

Anya and Nora were seen throwing grenades left and right at Shadows and Atlas troops.

In front of Baker 2-4 and 2-5, the Fernandes Brothers, Teams RWBY, JNPR, CFY and SSSN, Glynda, Winter, Ironwood, Qrow and the Ace-Ops were almost over a hundred dead enemy bodies.

And number keeps on raising. But so is the defenders ammo supply.

Anthony:*M60E4 runs out of ammo* Shit! Cover me I'm reloading!! Also need more LMG rounds here!! 7.62 x 51mm!!

Within moments, a nearby ammunition cache was opened, and fresh boxes of 7.62x51mm rounds were distributed to Anthony and other defenders in need. The ammunition was quickly loaded into the LMGs, ensuring they were once again ready to deliver suppressing fire upon the advancing enemy forces.

The defenders' resolve remained unwavering as they continued to hold their ground, repelling wave after wave of enemy attacks. Despite the mounting casualties, they fought with determination, knowing that the survival of Beacon Academy and the lives of its inhabitants depended on their unwavering defense.

As the battle raged on, the defenders fought fiercely, utilizing their ammunition strategically, conserving it when necessary, and replenishing it whenever possible. They understood the importance of maintaining their firepower to repel the enemy's relentless assault and protect their comrades.

Together, they stood united, their spirits unbroken, and their determination unwavering, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead in their fight to defend Beacon Academy.

Suddenly, as Anya was about to throw another grenade.

A sniper round hits her stopping in her progress.

Anya:*in pain* AH!! К черту все!!

Her vest caught the round saving her. However, both her and everyone else around her saw the same grenade that she was about throw on the ground live.

Anya made quick eye contact with Anthony and then grabbed the grenade and tucked it under her.

Anthony: NOOO!!!

Anya: TELL MY FAMILY I LOVE THEM!

*MUFFLED BOOM*

Anthony's heart sank as he watched Anya's selfless act unfold before his eyes. The words she uttered echoed in his mind, her final message to her family a testament to her love and bravery.

In that moment, a mix of shock, grief, and admiration filled the air. Anya's sacrifice encapsulated the unwavering spirit and dedication of the defenders at Beacon Academy. They knew the risks they faced, but their bond as a team and their commitment to protecting one another drove them forward.

Anya's action served as a rallying cry for the defenders, fueling their determination to honor her sacrifice and continue the fight. They vowed to push back the enemy forces with renewed fervor, knowing that Anya's bravery and sacrifice would not be in vain.

Amidst the chaos and devastation, the defenders stood united, cherishing Anya's memory as they fought on, fueled by her selflessness and the unwavering resolve to protect their loved ones and the future of Beacon Academy.

Soon, a couple of booming sounds were heard stopping the battle until one of the Shadows said something that made both Baker 2-4 and 2-5 and the Fernandes Brothers blood go cold.