Oh Bambina

Maya nuzzled her head into Carina's chest and latched on whatever exposed skin was in reach of her mouth and began to suck lightly.

Carina looked down smiling at the site and stroke her hair and thought I can do this right?

And that was 3 weeks ago and Carina had learned a few things about little Maya.

1-she didn't like anything remotely healthy, especially bananas for some reason.

2-she loves SpongeBob, and will always point out that Squidward looked like Sullivan.

3-she is more stubborn than big Maya, which she thought was impossible.

4-she can't sleep without sucking something either it's her thumb or Carina's collarbone or neck.

5-she hates using utensils so every time she eats, she uses her hands and will make a big mess so that's fun!!

6-she is extremely needy and clingy, especially when she is sick like the past three days.

7-she still can't control when she slips.

and that's bring her to now in her way to the hospital with Maya in the passenger seat sniffling and wiping her eyes.

~6 hours ago~

Carina has been trying to convince Maya to take the day off since she has been sick the past two days and she was lucky that the first day she was sick, It was in Maya's day off, and yesterday, Carina managed to convince Maya to take the day off, but clearly today wasn't her lucky day.

"Maya, you are sick you need to take the day off" she said, folding her arms on her chest.

"there is no need. I'm not that sick. It's just a 12 hours shift and I'll rather save my days off. When I'm really sick" she huffed and crossed her arms mimicking Carina's action.

Carina sighed and tried a different approach.

She unfolded her arms and took a step closer to the blonde, and took her face into her hands and stroke her cheeks with her thumbs "Bambina I understand why you would think that it would be a good idea, but I'm worried about you barely ate yesterday and didn't sleep well last night and I don't want you to go out on a call and faint"

Maya's expression soften and dropped her hands and looked at Carina with pleading eyes "I'll let Beckett put me on desk duty I just don't want to stay here alone please"

Carina sighed and gave in "OK just promise me you will not go on a call and at least take a nap"

"I promise" she said smiling and gave her a kiss "now can I get ready for work?" She asked.

"Sì just give me a second to make your lunch"she said, heading to the kitchen.

That was something new carina insisted on, claiming that "I don't want my Bambina to be hungry" after she came one day from her shift that was back to back calls and didn't have the time to make herself something to eat.

Maya loved the lunches that her wife made for her for 2 reasons.

1-her wife's food is so delicious and better then anything she or anyone could make at the station.

2- Carina would always put something for little Maya.

And when Maya asked her why she would do that, she simply shrugged and said "I wanted to give little Maya, something to make her happy"

After she got dressed and took her backpack she went to the kitchen to take her lunch and say goodbye to her wife.

"Babe I need to go where are you?" she shouted after noticing that Carina isn't in the kitchen.

Carina appeared from the laundry room, holding a black blanket with little firetrucks all over it " I know you don't like the one in your bunk so I bought you this and just arrived today. Don't worry I washed it and I hope you like it" she said, and handed the blanket to the smiling blonde.

She was looking for a blanket for Maya, since she told her that someone from B shift, tried to wash the blanket with there clothes, but all it did was make the blanket itchy and smelt like them.

Maya took the blanket and smelled it. It smelled like Carina " thank you I love it. It smells like you" she said and kissed her .

Carina smiled into the kiss glad that the blonde liked her gift "I know Bambina I washed it with my clothes and sprayed some of my perfume on it"

"Thanks beautiful I really love it" She said giving her another kiss, before putting the blanket in her backpack "Oh don't forget your lunch" she said handing her the bag.

Maya blushed and took the bag from her wife, still not used for someone to take care of her and worry about her.

her heart always skipped a beat every time Carina does something like this.

"thanks babe, I love you and I really have to go" She said heading toward the door.

"There is some Tylenol if your stomach bothered you, I love you too, and be careful" Carina shout it before Maya close the door, and went to the bedroom to get ready for her shift.

~~~

And that was six hours ago before Maya called Carina, crying and regressed saying something about Beckett and "rina don wana be here"

So she texted Jo to cover her for a little bit and went to pick up Maya in the middle of her shift.

Carina parked her car and turned to Maya who is now asleep with her head against the window,"wake up Bambina" she said softly and shaking her gently.

"home?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"no the hospital" Carina answered.

"no I don wana go people see me "she cried.

"It's OK no one will see you I promise" she reassured and stepped out of the car and went to the passenger side opening the door. "Can you walk Bambina?" She asked.

"No hurts" she pointed at her swollen ankle.

Isn't she supposed to be on desk duty? How did it get swollen? she thought

"Do you have your medical tape in your backpack?" She asked, remembering that Maya always take one in case of an emergency.

Maya nodded and lifted her arms "up" she demanded so Carina lifted her to her hip, and as soon as the little blonde was settled in her arms she buried her face into the brunette's neck, and before she had the chance to take her backpack she felt Maya shiver in her arms.

"Are you cold bambina?" She felt a nod she picked Maya's backpack, hoping to find what she was looking for bingo!! "Do you want your blanket" another nod.

After she made sure that Maya was covered, she quickly made her way to her office, choosing to take the stairs, hoping that not many people will be there.

20 minutes later, she finally was in her office.

she walked to her couch and tried to put Maya down to tape her ankle but she only cling to her harder and whined.

"Shhh Bambina it's OK I won't put you down" she soothed, and sat in her couch and moved Maya to be sitting sideways in her lap so she can tape her ankle.

And after doing that, she picked her up, and went to her desk, deciding to do some paperwork and text Jo to tell her that she is back and thanking her.

It's been 1 hour and she has been working but suddenly she felt Maya shake and a small cry came from the blonde.

"Shhh Bambina it's just a nightmare you are safe with me" she said softly kissing the top of her head and rubbing her back and whispering sweet nothings to calm her down.

That until Maya let out a loud sob and Carina felt something wet on her lap.

The brunette looked down and sighed"Oh Bambina"

Maya had an accident.

Carina knew that letting Maya go to work today was a bad idea, but didn't think it was going to be that bad.

To be continue...