Sleepover

A/N
Hi this chapter was supposed to be last week, but I thought of giving you some time to process and moved it to this week.

If there is any mistakes, please let me know to fix them

"I am tired and I do not know what to do" she cried into Carina's shoulder.

"We will figure it out step-by-step" She promised stroking the blonde's hair.

She could not sleep the guilt has kept her up all night, looking over Maya thinking of how did she miss the signs, the blonde has not been herself long before Christmas at first, she thought it was the opposite schedule and she stupidly thought a few days to themselves would solve it but she got sucked into work and her research and was too busy to see how her wife has been doing, but Carina has noticed a change in Maya's behaviors and whenever she saw the blonde her answers were dry and her excuse was that she had a long day at work and she knew that she can not have this conversation through text and she was going to wait until the next time they were at home so they can talk, but it was too late. She never understood the feeling when Maya said that there was a little voice in the back of her head, but now she gets it because hers was screaming that this was her fault, she should have known, she should have tried harder, taken a day off work and prevented this, but her selfishness and negligence led to Maya getting injured, even though they talked last night and Maya assured her that none of this was her fault, the guilt was not letting her listen to logic and she thought of quitting the study or pass it on to Addison or Jo but Maya wasn't letting that happen and made her promise that no matter what she wouldn't quit the study because of this.

A groan coming from the blonde sleeping on her chest, freed her from her thoughts, she heard Maya let out a few grunts before lifting her head "Buongiorno Bambina" she hummed bringing her hand to stroke the blonde's head "Did you sleep well?" She asked.

Maya let out a frustrated grunt before dropping her head "Can you speak up a little bit? Can't hear" She thought the next day it would be easier to hear, but there was still that nagging buzzing.

"Mi dispiace Bambina Io ho dimenticato" [I'm sorry Baby I forgot] she said louder to ensure that Maya could hear.

"Is fine" she said resting her head on her wife's chest.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked again.

Maya nodded "I always sleep better with you" she hummed, it was the best sleep. She had in a while, even though with her ears and her body aching then looked up "I missed it"

"I missed it too Bambina" she said with a smile.

"Car" she said after a while "Do you think I will be able to hear clearly again?" She asked facing her fears. Since the moment she heard the buzzing noise she began reliving what happened to her six years ago, but double the emotions, she never recovered her hearing 100% after that accident and she was afraid that She would lose her hearing leading to losing her job, and being a burden to both her wife and friends.

"Non lo so Bambina, we will book an appointment with the doctor and take it from there" She said but she could sense that the blonde was still tense and nervous "We will take it one step at a time okay? We will be okay no matter what" she reassured and Maya let out a sigh of relief, she did not know how much she needed to hear that they will be fine, Carina was relieved to see the blonde was visibly less anxious, but not long after the blonde had her serious face and seemed to be lost in her thoughts causing her to frown, She couldn't help but try to lighten the mood with a playful comment, today is supposed to be light to allow the blonde to rest and forget and let go

"But for now I will shout and talk loudly to you like an old lady" she joked hoping it would distract the blonde from what was going on in her head.

"A'm not old lady" she whined burying her face.