You Too?

After taking a quick photo, because how could she not? Her babies were too cute. She kissed Amelia's forehead "Sleep well, Bella" then kissed Maya's forehead "Sleep well Bambina"

In the course of the last few days, all of Andy, Carina, and Maya took care of a very sick and a very clingy little Amelia and thankfully she was feeling better in a few days, but on the contrary, Maya began to feel worse and worst and apparently, she had caught the illness from Amelia by refusing to leave her side.

____________________

Maya was fighting back sleep when her shift ended and got to her car to drive back home, Carina had told her to stay home but she didn't feel sick and convinced her worried wife that she was fine and it was only for a day, but with every passing minute it's became very obvious to her that she was sick. She wished that she had listened to her wife because the only thing she wanted and kept thinking about was that she could have been sleeping in her Mama's arms if it wasn't for her stubbornness.

After a long drive from the station to her home that seemed longer than usual, she finally stepped into the apartment and once she put her shoes on the rack and hung her coat she heard the voice she longed to hear all day "Bambina?" She stood at the entrance looking around the dimly lit apartment by the fireplace, everything was blurry and she tried to rub her tired eyes, to try and locate her wife.

When Carina didn't hear a response she put her book aside and peeked from her place on the couch and saw the blonde she looked visibly tired her hair was a mess her nose was red and she was sniffling "On the couch Bambina"

Maya walked to the couch but she stood for a second looking between Carina's lap and the armchair and chose the latter. She collapsed on the chair, coughing "Oh Bambina come here" Carina cooed opening her arms, but Maya shook her head.

"I don't want you to get this" she rasped out.

Hearing Maya's raspy voice squeezed her heart. She sat up "I don't care Piccolina, come to me" she said sternly but softly.

No Piccolina please Maya said to herself she was already fighting her little headspace all day and harder since she stepped a foot into the house, and endearing names did not help, she looked at Carina hesitantly, there was a small voice in the back telling that she should be sitting on Carina's lap and letting go but she didn't want to make her sick, she shook her head again and stood up "I will be okay you don't need to burden yourself, I will take something and sleep here or in the nursery" she said between cough's walking to the kitchen.

Carina sighed her Bambina is so stubborn and sometimes it's not for her own good, she puts other people's needs above her own and that's what got her into this situation, she stood up and walked to Maya who was standing on her tippy toes and trying to get the pain medication from the cabinet "Why did you put them so far away?" Maya said frustration lacing her voice.

The brunette wrapped her arms around the blonde "Because I have two little demons in the home" she said playfully and turned the blonde to face her "Now would you let me take care of you?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"But I don't..." Carina rolled her eyes tired of this speech and picked the stubborn blonde "Carina" Maya squealed when she was suddenly picked up.

"And I said I don't care" she said sitting Maya on the kitchen island "Now would you let me take care of my sick baby?"

"I am not a baby, and I am not sick" she retorted with a huff crossing her arms.

Carina wrapped one arm around Maya and began brushing her hair with her other hand "But you are my baby my Bambina, and my Bambina is sick" she said softly, and she saw the look on her face soften while she talked "Can you let go for me, for Mama?"