station day

I hope you'll enjoy

She returned and found Amelia and Andy had moved to the couch, cuddling up. She smiled and let them be, and returned to their room and climbed onto the bed, and cuddled with her baby.

"Wook Luca, wook" Maya said, from her place on the floor next to the front desk, surrounded by papers, coloring books, and crayons.

"What is this?" He asked looking at the two papers Maya was holding.

"Dis is me an you pwayin hide, wook a'm hidin" she said pointing at her drawing of a little man covering his eyes in a fire fighter uniform, and someone behind a tree "an dis is duckrle" she said putting the two drawing in his lap "I doodm foo you"

"Thank you sweetie" he smiled looking at the drawings "can I ask a question though?" And Maya gave him a nod " what is a duckrle?" He asked curiously.

"duckrle, hab ducki, an hab tuwtle, you put an hab duckrle" she explained, like it was obvious.

"how about we go hang the this in my locker" he said, holding the drawing of them playing "and put the duckrle on the fridge" he said, standing up and extending his hand to Maya.

"Annie says we stay hew" she said frowning.

"Is Andy here?" he asked, referring to the empty station, and Maya shook her head "so it will be our little secret" he whispered and gave her a wink.

Once they hanged the two drawing they've returned to the front desk just in time to hear the trucks pulling in, Maya smiled and waved to greet the firefighters.

"Hi" the little blonde waved.

"Hi Bubba" Andy  said walking to her office after ordering the firefighters to go shower.

"What you do?" Maya asked curiously, following Andy.

"We helped a man who locked himself in the basement" Andy answered while typing on her tablet.

"Why?"

"Apparently his wife caught him cheating and thought locking himself up is a good idea" Andy mumbled.

"But why?" She asked again.

"I don't know Bubba, sometimes people do stupid things" she answered, then looked from her tablet "Can you tell Vic and Travis to go grocery shop and make dinner?"

"I tan go pwease" Maya asked.

"Of course" and as soon as Maya heard this she ran toward the locker room and ignoring Lucas, who told her to slow down and saw all the firefighters has finished their shower and dressed up.

"Tavis whe Vic" she asked looking around.

"She is taking a shower, do you need anything?"

"Annie says we go shoppin an make dinna, Maya an Tavis and Vic" Maya said excitedly.

"I forgot we got dinner duty" he groaned "what do you want us to make?"

"Mac an cheese" she said smiling "an dino nugges" she added.

___________________________

After Vic was done with her shower they headed to the grocery shop.

They decided on mac & cheese with mashed potatoes and grilled chicken breast for them, and dino nuggets for Maya.

On their way to check out, Maya disappeared for a moment, and returned with the fire station toy house in her hand.

"Pwease, buy this pwease auntie Vic" she said giving them her best puppy dog eyes "I buy, I hab money" she added and pulled a wrinkled one dollar bill from her pocket and gave it to Travis, "pwease uncle Tavis, my tucks need station to seepies" she explained reasoning behind buying the toy.