Thanksgiving

I did not proofread this because I was in a hurry so please if you find any mistake pointed out so I can fix it.

her Bambina was going to be okay.

Maya was sitting on top of the counter on the beanery watching Lucas and Jack cook.

"What you doin?" The little asked, her legs dangling and focusing on what was Jack doing.

"Seasoning, the turkey"

"Who is turkey?"

"This is turkey" Jack said pointing at the bird.

"Is name is turkey?" She asked looking at Jack waiting for an answer.

Jack had to stop for a second and look at the little blonde is she serious? he thought to himself, but from the genuine look on Maya's face he knew that she was 100% serious "No his name isn't turkey"

"Turkey is boy?"

"I don't know, maybe"

"I gib turkey names?" She asked, Jack nodded with a sigh "What you fink turkey names is?" The little asked the two firefighters.

"How about Tom?" Lucas said enjoying the little game they were playing.

"Tom" she said with a smile looking at the seasoned bird, but once she saw the missing head she frowned "Where is da head?"

Lucas giggled and looked at Jack waiting for him to answer the curious little "He doesn't have one" Jack answered.

The little frown deepened, and looked at the turkey for a while, then asked again upon seeing Jack inject a needle in the turkey "is Tom feel hurts an owie's" she said, scooting a little further from the big needle.

Jack looked at Lucas expectingly, but the man only shrugged his shoulders and tried to hold his laughter and focused on cutting the potatoes "No Tom is dead he can't feel pain" Jack answered.

"Why Tom dead?"

"Somebody killed him" he said with a sigh.

"Who kill Tom?" The little said with a pout looking at the turkey "You kill Tom?" She accused looking at Jack.

And looking at Jack's shocked face, and Maya's accusatory look Lucas couldn't hold it anymore and burst out laughing.

How did this happen Jack wondered to himself "No, I didn't know who killed Tom"

"Who kills Tom den" the little said, squinting her eyes.

"I don't know ask Lucas" Jack said.

Lucas stopped laughing, and looked at Jack as if to say seriously "Luca who kills Tom?" Maya asked again.

"I don't know" he said looking around, he spotted the container of Maya's snacks and quickly took it "Here do you want strawberries?" He said, offering the cut fruits and hoping that Maya would take it and forget about who killed Tom, thankfully the little blonde was easily distracted by the fruits, took the container, and began happily eating her strawberries "Wasn't doing that is much easier than throwing me under the bus" Lucas said with a raised eyebrow.

"I panicked okay?" Jack said.

"When Mama comin?" Maya asked with a mouthful of strawberries.

"I don't know, but I hope it is soon because I don't know what I am doing" Jack answered, Carina had offered to come and help with the Thanksgiving dinner after finishing her list of chores before the doctors and their kids and Littles come to the station.

Carina was in the grocery shop she had come to pick up a couple of things before going to the station, she was on her way to check out when she saw a turkey hat with legs dangling on the sides she smiled and wondered how adorable Maya would look in one of these. It was a habit between the couple to get each other something that they found and thought the other would need, like or simply just wanted to get her that thing, but lately it's been a habit that intensified after Maya started regression because suddenly everything looked adorable on her Bambina and that led to the littles closet being filled with onesie, baby vests, blankets and a lot of toys.