diagon alley

Avery and I were sitting kitchen, the evening sun beaming through the window

Avery and I were sitting kitchen, the evening sun beaming through the window. A yellow hue casted itself over Avery who was while standing at the table arranged a bouquet of flowers she earlier picked from the yard.

"How do you like them?"

Before I could respond Minnie comes through the door, followed by a man. I stand up quickly, glancing over to Avery who had a questioning look.

I had never seen someone so large in my life. He was towering over us, if I didn't know any better I'd think he's a giant.

"This is Rubeus Hagrid." Minnie exclaims "He has come to speak with you."

"No need fer formalities, call me Hagrid!" The large man said with a grin.

I glance over to Avery who is fiddling with the rings on her fingers like she does when she's nervous.

"Hi, I'm Hailey! And this is Avery!" I reply for the both of us.

"If yer wouldn't mind I'd like to talk to the girls privately." Minnie walked out the kitchen leaving only the three of us inside.

"I will get right to it. I was sent by Professor McGonagall to escort the two of you to Diagon Alley!"

"Excuse me?" Avery spoke up in a whispering tone. "What is Diagon Alley?" she felt embarrassed for not knowing, but Hagrid was the least judgmental in his response.

"Well it's where every witch and wizard does their shopping for school! There is Gringotts the wizarding bank, yer parents left you both a good sum of money."

So mum did have a plan.

"It is to late tonight fer us to go tonight. I wanted to meet you and to make sure you'll be around tomorrow.

"We'll be here." The two of us said in unison.

"Great! Goodnight then, I'll see you both in the morning."

"Those are lovely flowers!" the man complimented Avery's arrangement before he departed which made her smile.

Avery and I go upstairs to our room. I close the door behind us and we begin squealing, looking forward to what tomorrow will hold.

As I was laying in bed, trying to fight the excitement that was keeping my mind and eyes awake, I kept thinking of my mum.

She did have a plan and now I felt sorry for all the thoughts I had of her, if only I knew sooner. If only I could tell her I'm sorry.
___

I was awaken by a very excited eleven year old, who jumped onto of me and shook me out of my sleep.

"Shove off!"

"Come on, I have already laid out what you're going to wear! We should be ready when Hagrid comes!"

I groaned into my blanket which was now pulled over my head. I feel a body lay down next to me and whispers, "You don't want to miss your chance to get out of here do you?"

"No." I replied.

I do hate early mornings but she was right, I don't want to miss my chance.

"Very well then! Get your ass up."

After Avery and I finished making breakfast for the house before Hagrid arrived to take us. Avery and are were following Hagrid down the busy sidewalk.
We had made it to Charing Cross Road. Avery and I had been several times to visit the library and I don't ever remember seeing a Diagon Alley.

"Alright we're going to cross the road here. Stay close."

Avery and I needed to run just to keep up with the giant's long strides. It surprised that no one really payed any attention to the abnormally large man.
Everyone is so focused on where they're going they forget to notice what's around them. I could say the same for myself as Hagrid comes to a stop in front of a pub I had never noticed before.

"The Leaky Cauldron! This here is our way into Diagon Alley, now you two just follow me."

The place looked much larger inside then it did on the outside. Everyone seemed to keep quiet and to themselves and their drinks. Everyone except a large group at one of the end tables.

"I've never seen so many ginger's."

There were five ginger's, one brown haired girl and a black haired boy. All chatting at the end of the room.

"Hello Hagrid!" A red haired man called from across the room. "What are you doing here today?"

"Got some official Hogwarts business to attend to. Assigned to by Dumbledore and McGonagall!"

"I'd hate to have a name like Dumbledore." I said to Avery, we both start laughing which caughy the attention of the man Hagrid was talking to. His name is Arthur Weasley and he was nice enough. Once he found out we were raised with muggles (a term Hagrid had to explain to us) he had never ending questions.

"We best be off now, got much shopping to do for these two! See ya Arthur!" With that the three of us headed to the back of the pub and out a back door. We stepped out into a alley way, littered with trash from overflowing garbage cans.

Where is he expecting us to go now?

Before I can ask any questions the giant taps the bricks on the wall with the top of his umbrella. I refocus my eyes and look to Avery, making sure we are seeing the same thing. From the look on her face I could tell we were. The bricks started to part and before we knew it there was an arched doorway before us, leading into a bustling cobble street. I couldn't believe my eyes and my mind couldn't understand how this was happening. Right off of Charing Cross, a road I've been dozens of times is a passageway to a whole other world. Avery seemed to not be able to believe it either, her mouth was gaped open.

"Our first stop will be Gringotts Bank!"

Hagrid tells us about Goblin's on our way. They sounded like complicated and annoying creature.

We enter the bank and after giving our vault number and keys, both which Hagrid had, we followed a Goblin into a mining cart which took us to our vaults.

"Thank god we are done in there!" An excited Avery announced.

Now we are ready to start our shopping!
___

A/N

Hope you like this chapter, I had enjoyed writing it!

Edit:
Thank you 'meeeeeeeeeh010110112' for reminding me that Hagrid doesn't have a wand lol

Word count: 1054