you'll feel better

"Do you mind telling me where you were?"

I have not had anyone care enough for me in so long to ask that question, I was a little slow coming up with a answer. "I was walking about the castle after lunch and got lost, I was wandering a bit until someone helped me find my way. I'm sorry I missed your lesson."

"And who helped you?" Dad asked having stepped down the stairs and is stood before me, arms crossed and his hands gripping the sleeves of his jumper.

"What was his name? Oh Peeves!" He came through the ceiling and when I told him I was looking for your classroom he offered to help.

"The halls can be confusing at first." He tilted his chin up, "you will need to make up for today's lesson. I need a moment to prepare, why don't you go clean yourself up? I'll be ready by the time you come back."

I look down and notice I am a bit dirty. "Ok, I'll be back soon."

"Try not to get lost this time." He chuckled as I walked out the room.

Walking down the halls, I exhale a breath of relief. I didn't know how he would react to me being late but he was gentle, sensitive, and nervous. He was unsure of himself, unsure what to do and if he was doing things right.

I make it to the portrait hole and nearly collide with someone walking out. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see-"

"I didn't see you at class either." Avery interrupted, eyes rolling and arms crossed along her chest.

"Yes and I need to do something before meeting the professor, so if you'll excuse me." I pushed my way past her.

I clean myself up, pick up my books, and head back out the portrait hole and into the corridor. Thoughts are circling through my head, what has happened to us? I didn't think anything would of changed when we accepted our letters. I didn't think Avery and I would of found family. I didn't think we would of been torn apart. I didn't think-

"Hailey! Hailey wait!" Harry called, running to catch up with me. I slow my pace so he doesn't have to keep trying for my attention. With all that happened I forgot I was upset with him, although it didn't really matter to me anymore.

"I am so sorry! I should of, well I needed to..."

"Don't worry about it. I got back fine." I said, sounding harsher then I expected to, "I'm sorry. It's ok Harry."

"Did you make it to class?"

"No, I am going back now to catch up." I pick up my pace again and Harry follows my suit.

"What did you tell him you were doing?" A look of worry rested on the boys face, wondering what my excuse was, "I told him I was walking around the castle and got lost. I didn't mention you."

"Ok, that's good. Thank you."

"You're welcome." We made it outside the classroom. "Well, have a good time. I'll see you later, yeah?"