The news

Chapter 3

*Katys POV*
Me and John have been engaged for a couple weeks now. We have started planning it and I think it's coming along really well. We don't have a wedding planner yet because we don't want it to get out that were engaged quite yet so when we're ready to get a planner we're going to show them our ideas. We're thinking of it being on a reserved, nice beach. We haven't decide who's coming but we're wanting close friend, family, and our crews. We want to get married in about 4-5 months but it all depends on what is best for our relationship. John just got back from the store and we need to talk about something.

"John. I think we need to tell people were getting married. At least our parents, siblings and grandparents. The rest will know when they get their invitations but they need to know."

"I know I've been thinking that too. I just don't want the whole world knowing yet. In case something were to happen."

"I know babe. Telling our parents is going to be the hard part. I mean you didn't even ask my dad."

"I know"

"We should invite our parents over tonight. I'll take my ring off and put it back on right before we tell them."

"Why would you take your ring off? You could just hid your hand."

"I know but I really don't want anyone to find out before we tell them. It's just easier for me."

"Ok. Whatever you want babe."

I called my parent and John called his. They were free to all come over tonight which was good. We got everything all ready. We decided to have the dinner out back. Kinda similar to the proposal dinner. I was picking out something to wear when I heard a knock at the door. I out my robe on just assumed it was our parents. Good thing it was.

"Uh mom dad, Margaret, Richard. Please sit. We have something to talk about." So I decided not to take off my ring and to just tell them right at the beginning. I didn't wanna take the chance of losing the ring. "Me and John umm. John tell them."

"Katy and I are engaged."

MM: "Awe I'm so happy for you guys!"
RM: " You guys are an amazing couple. You will be great together."
MH: "Awe! My baby girl! Your finally getting what you wanted."
KH: " Even though you didn't ask me, I'm totally ok with this. You two will be an amazing couple. And I hope you too will be happy forever."

MH: "Have you guys decided on what you guys wanna do or when it is?"

"Yeah actually. Me and John were thinking. On a beach. With the beach reserved and private. Something special. and we want it to be in about 4-5 months"

We talked for about an hour, two hours then they left