Talking

*5 weeks later*
*on the phone*
John: Katy can I come home

Katy: John I don't know. We just got home yesterday

John: I want to be there

Katy: oh really what changed? Cause last time I checked you didn't want to remember?

John: Katy I know. I'm sorry

Katy: you're sorry? I got to go. Lainey is crying. It's time to feed them.

John: I love you Katy.

Katy: bye John.

*end of call*
Katy: Kinzey! John! Time for bed. Sawyer! Come here please.

Mary: are you ok?

Katy: not really. I don't want him to come home. He doesn't want the kids. Why would I want him here?

Mary: honey I know.

*4 days later*
John: babe I missed you

Katy: well I didn't miss you

John: Katy don't

Katy: do what?!

John: this

Katy: you're the one who started this. You did it to yourself. You're the one who been acting like a jerk ever since they told us that we were having twins again. You're the one who wouldn't even look at the girls when they were born. You're the one who told me you didn't want anything to do with it.

John: I know. And I'm sorry for all of that.

Katy l: ya well sorry isn't gonna fix it. I want you to stay in the guest house. The locks and codes on the house are changed so good luck trying to get in

John: Katy stop

Katy: no John! My kids are the most important things in my life. They come before everything. Even you

John: Katy you know what? Nevermind I'll just go. But I'm staying here in the house.

Katy: then I am staying in the guest house with the kids

John: Katy. Stop.

Katy: no John. You stop. I want you out before we wake the kids up. The kids had a long day. They were playing in the pool all day they are exhausted lrt them sleep.

John: was Lainey and Maya in the pool

Katy: yes John. I had them in the poll just lounging away. No they were in their pack and play sleeping

John: were the close to the pool?

Katy: not too close. But why do you care. You didn't care the day they were born so why would you know. God John their only 6 weeks old. You've only seen them 1 day out of that. You weren't even really there when I was pregnant. Just please go.

John: fine. I'll go. But I'm getting a lawyer.

Katy: who said I wanted a divorce. I'm just extremely angry with you and I don't want to see you right now. Their your kids for gods sake. Not some random kid you found.

John: fine. I'll give you your space.

Katy: thank you.

Mary: are you ok love?

Katy: not really. Just better now he's in the guest house and not here with me.

Mary: sweetheart you're gonna have to talk to him eventually.

Katy: Mom I know but why would I want to stay married to someone who doesn't want his kids. The kids he told me he wanted first. The twins. He wanted more than I did. I didn't want to have kids yet because Sawyer would only be 13 months once they were born. But once I got pregnant all of that changed. I was already in love with the child I was going to have.

Mary: you have a big decision to make. I'll let you go to bed and think about things ok. Good night love. I love you.

Katy: good night Mom. I love you too.